11.04.2011

Sephora Friends & Family Sale

There are very few things that make me happier than coming home to an unexpected package. Last night, I came home to two-one expected (everything I left at the bride's house this weekend...thank you Christy!) and one unexpected-my Sephora box! See, I got the email yesterday morning saying it was shipped, and I am FAR too lazy to actually check the tracking...so it was quite a pleasant surprise when I saw it in the house last night. I WAS on this "no new makeup until you finish your current stash" kick...but then there was the breakup...and the friends and family sale....and you know how the rest goes. Anywho, I have already used most of the products already/previously (refilling) and need some advice on how to use a few other ones....

Bobbi Brown SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer-Oil Free

I have been a Bobbi babe for a few years now, and this stuff is worth it's weight in gold. It carries a pretty hefty price tag ($40)...but lasts almost 3 months! I also have to admit that I have never used the Oil-Free kind...but...when can you EVER get 20% off Bobbi Brown? Never. Unless you get it from Sephora during a sale. So that's that. I have about 2 more days left of my old bottle, and then I will give you a full review on this baby. From what I have heard it's even better, so that's that.

Make Up Forever HD Microfinish Powder


Okay...so I totally jumped on the bandwagon and bought this because everyone else was raving about it. Then I got ready this morning, and had NO idea what to do with it. Do I put it on top of my tinted moisturizer? Does it replace my powder? Do I put it over my powder + blush? Aaaah! Someone tell me what to do!


Urban Decay Naked Palette

Totally hopped on the bandwagon after a) everyone raving about this on the blogs and b) my eye make-up this weekend. Totally don't need ANOTHER eyeshadow palette, but whatever. The colors are worth it, it was 20% off, and I have no clue how to correctly put on eyeshadow. Hello You Tube...let's hang out soon. My only complaint? The thing is HUGE...it doesn't fit into my current makeup storage thingie on my vanity. Oh well-it's still fab.

Too Faced Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer


This is definitely one of my go-to makeup products. At $30, it's a little steep in my eyes for something that goes on UNDER everything else, but the tube lasts for quite a while, and in my opinion it really helps the makeup go on smoothly and stay on. Whenever this stuff goes on sale, I snatch up a bottle.



We are trying something new in our house...saving money by doing our own nails. Since I literally am the world's worst nail painter, I figured if I got these cute glitter top coats, I could convince one of my friends to do my nails for me in exchange for some nail polish. Plus, who DOESN'T need 4 bottles of glittery nail polish? Plus, they were all full size and a steal at 20% off. I see some Hanukkah, Christmas AND New Year's nails here.

Well, there you go. That and on TJ Maxx shopping spree later, I am pretty sure breakup shopping has to end...before I breakup with my credit card.

No comments:

Post a Comment