11.22.2011

Plenty to be THANKful for Challenge, Day 7: Thanksgiving Traditions

Manic Mother


Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite Holiday-it's all about eating, relaxing, drinking, shopping, and spending time with family.

Wednesday night, aka Thanksgiving Eve, is for going out with friends in town :) This usually results in all those couples who live in the suburbs crashing at my bachelorette pad Wednesday night, but hey I am happy to have guests.

Early Thursday morning, it is off to the parentals to watch the Macy's Parade. It is still one of my favorite parts of the day.



The Rockettes are the best part of the parade-hands down. Don't try to tell me otherwise, I won't listen.



Then, like every other family in America, immediately following the parade it's football and cocktail time. This is usually about the time when my dad realizes he is taking a cold shower since my mom, sister and I used all the hot water. Luckily, a scotch on the rocks calms him down for the time being.



Best Thanksgiving game halftime show EVER-duh my girl Carrie. I am still trying to figure out who made that sparkly cami she is wearing and where I can get one. I am not really looking forward to Nickelback at all this year. Blah.

Anywho, Thanksgiving "dinner" is served around 3....then it's back to the family room for more football and drinking.

BUTTT....can't drink too much because THIS GIRL has some midnight shopping to do at the outlets :) My goal this year is to actually buy presents for OTHER people, not just me.

If you thought I had a shopping problem, you obviously have never met my father. The man shops all the time, (but only for things on sale) and is def where I get my bad habits from. In exchange for some McD's breakfast (...and a latte, but he doesn't know that yet bc he cringes at the thought of a $4 coffee) we are conquering to Kohl's, Target and Sears for a few presents for my mom (and him too, don't be silly) around 4 am this year, so my trip to the outlets better be quick. I kid you not, before we get there, my dad will already have spoken to the manager about where the items he wants are located (or will already have them on hold in his name.......it has happened before), so my job is to run through the store-knock over a few people-and get the goods while he holds a spot in line. Black Friday shopping in my world is beyond efficient-in and out. Luckily, I usually find 1 or 2 things I would like for Christmukkah as well on my mission and throw them in a cart-as long as they are on sale, they usually come home with us :)

Now that I have illustrated that I am certifiably crazy, what are some of yours? I know I am not the only one who loves shopping with the masses on Black Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun thanksgiving. Both of ours are dry, but they'd probably be more fun if they weren't! And I love the Macy's parade. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the Rockettes, but Santa makes the parade for me :)
    Thanks for linking up with us again - I can't wait for you to get your package!!!!!

    ReplyDelete