Happy Friday! I finally have (temporarily) returned back to the land of internet during the day, which means I FINALLY have time for the Carrie Underwood CMA dress recap! I am pretty sure there is nobody who will appreciate this post as much as my bf Laura who also has a girl crush on Carrie Underwood. You may or may not remember the time we both left work early and drove 3 hours to see Carrie last minute.....anywho, on to the good stuff. Big thank you to InStyle who provided all the images and info here. (no I don't know all of these on my own....I have other things to take care of, like stupid spreadsheets)
I must say, overall I was not impressed. She can't really look bad, but I thought her dress selection last year was WAY better. Lots of 1 shoulder/asymmetrical looks, and I didn't like the MJ look she had going on.
I must say, overall I was not impressed. She can't really look bad, but I thought her dress selection last year was WAY better. Lots of 1 shoulder/asymmetrical looks, and I didn't like the MJ look she had going on.
Carrie's Red Carpet Look by Reem Acra with Stuart Weitzman heels. Beautiful! This pic doesn't even do it justice, Pink Lou Lou has some WAY better pics of this dress and her hair (which looked fab) from other angles.
These two literally may be my 2 fav celebs: Carrie AND Miss Piggy? You don't say so! Carrie went with a gorgeous asymmetrical pink Cengiz Abazoglu dress and Sergio Rossi heels. Not sure who Cengiz is, but he (or she?) def knows how to make a pink dress!
Okay, this one was my absolute FAVORITE, until they zoomed out and I saw the pink tulle. I think I am over it now, but I still think this would look SO MUCH BETTER without it. Carrie's one shoulder number is by Georges Chakra Couture. PS-love the hair girlfriend.
Another Georges Chakra Couture dress and simple Stuart Weitzman platforms. Not my favorite, but not terrible. At least it was a change up from the 1 shoulder/asymmetrical look.
I LOVE LOVE LOVED this white asymmetrical Cengiz Abazoglu dress paired with her bad-ass crystal-studded silver and black shoes. Girlfriend looked like a DOLL and the gold detailing was beautiful. This look was def. my all-around favorite. PS- can we talk about these legs? How do I get them??
For her duet 'Remind Me' with Brad Paisley, Carrie ROCKED this high-slit Tony Ward Couture gown with Stuart Weitzman heels. Personally, I think this dress would have looked a lot better without the sky-high slit, but then again if I had those legs, I would prob want to show them all the time too.Not going to lie, this performance was rather disappointing. I was really looking forward to it, and it sounded off. I think the radio/album version is incredible, and just didn't feel the same way about this performance. Hopefully they will do it again:)
Plunging is an understatement here, but Carrie rocks this Jean Fares Couture gown, and I was happy to see her hair return back to normal. All in all, one of the looks I would classify under "try again".
Carrie loves Zuhair Murad floral patterned dresses-she has been photographed in quite a few of them over the years. Good thing both her and the dresses are always gorgeous, and I am loving the pink gladiator platforms!
Rock-n-Roll Carrie Take 1: Black gllittery dress by Mandalay. Not my favorite, but she sure looks fab in it.
I also loved this yet-to-be-identified brown sparkly number. Looks like something a normal girl could get at the store, yet looks couture at the same time.
This one is at the end because it's my least favorite, but hey you can't look perfect all the time. Carrie's cropped tuxedo jacket and shorts are from the Nikki Rich by WTB collection- created by designer/musician Nikki Lund and Bon Jovi guitarist Richie Sambora....who knew they made clothes? Also, Carrie shows us that like most of us, she too wears a pair of shoes more than once re-using the black platforms from the white opener look. Unfort, this look is too rock-n-roll for me, I prefer Carrie's softer, girlie looks.
Happy Friday loves!
Happy Friday loves!






OH EM GEE...it's not even fair. She is absolutely stunning....classy and fabulous!
ReplyDelete