11.28.2011

Plenty to be THANKful For Challenge, Day 9: Thanksgiving!

Manic Mother

Oh my Oh my...I have been a TERRIBLE blogger. Playing catch up with the Thankful Challenge gals :) (I should leave a disclaimer that I usually never blog from my parent's house...I am too busy drinking wine with my mother or eating something to remember to blog...)

This year wasn't one of our usually large gatherings--just the 4 of us. I usually love having all the company and the loudness, but I know my mother appreciated not having to scramble to clean the house and cook for 10-12 people...she actually got to enjoy the holiday (instead of stress), so I can't complain much. Our usual visitors told us their other feasts weren't nearly as good and they will be returning next year, so I guess it's back to crazy.




Anywho... I did a really bad job of taking pictures of the table...but here is a before shot (the dishes were on the hot plates in the kitchen....)



...and here is the after. Please note the half-drank bottle of wine, the dirty plates and all the chairs pushed out FAR from the table.

This year, my mom and I tried a new recipe for the Turkey- we soaked it in champagne and cooked it on low all night long....I thought it was delicious but my dad HATED it and made it quite clear the only kind of turkey we will be making in our house is traditional. It was a valiant effort.


Thanksgiving is always my favorite time of year - sometimes in the craziness of the Holidays we forget to reflect on our lives and really be thankful for all of our blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment