11.21.2011

Plenty to be THANKful Challenge, Day 6: Favorite Thanksgiving Recipe

Manic Mother


Today's topic is favorite Thanksgiving recipe. Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday because a) it's the one time a year my mom cooks and b) all you have to do is eat, drink and watch football. My favorite Thanksgiving dish, hands down, is Green Bean casserole. It's simple, easy to make and tastes delish with Turkey. I usually get GBC with a side of Turkey :)



BUT.....my GBC must have an extra layer of the good stuff on top...these things are freaking DELISH and I love the crunchy/creamy combo.




Hope everyone had a GREAT weekend! This past his weekend we (Roomies + me) hosted our annual "Friendsgiving" with our sorority sisters.....it was a tight squeeze but we managed to get all 12 people seated with a full place setting and all! I promise to post pics later today-I must say, my friends and I created QUITE the spread.

Who's getting excited for Thanksgiving??

8 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, i hosted an "urban family thanksgiving" this past weekend with sorority sisters too! how fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of my faves too!!!

    happy almost thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love french fried onions. I'll even eat them out of the can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUCH a southern recipe! No one up north eats this, but I LOVE it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It doesn't get much better than Green Bean casserole at the Thanksgiving table. I love it too!

    "Friendsgiving" sounds so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mama makes a mean GBC and I am SO looking forward to Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy this is one of my faves...with extra fried onions on top. I am actually making this for dinner tonight. Happy MOnday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I end up eating more of the french fried onions while I am making it then I put on the actual casserole!! I blogged about this today too!

    ReplyDelete