Today is def. a Monday. I am super sleepy today. One coffee and a Diet Coke later, I am not feeling any more awake than I was at 6:15 am when my alarm went off. Oh well, such is life. Luckily, my hair is still curled from Saturday night (before you judge me for not washing my hair this am, just know I have super-dry, color-treated hair so every 2-3 days is actually recommended), so I don't look like a disaster (just feel like one), and I got 45 extra minutes of sleep this morning!
Of course, celebrating a birthday over the weekend typically means you do nothing to take care of yourself (especially if you are starting to feel sick....), but I wouldn't trade weekends with my oldest friends for anything. We laughed, danced and celebrated--a lot. I am such a lucky gal. No time to harp on last weekend, this gal is headed to NYC this weekend! For the first time in my professional life, I actually have MLK day off, so I decided to utilize my day off a take a mini-trip. This time I actually will take pictures. Promise. I might even cook a meal this week too--no promises on that. This of course means all week long I will focus on just exactly WHAT to pack for 2 days in the big apple. I am thinking something along the lines of this cutie, but something tells me the weather might feel differently. Let's hope not.
Of course, celebrating a birthday over the weekend typically means you do nothing to take care of yourself (especially if you are starting to feel sick....), but I wouldn't trade weekends with my oldest friends for anything. We laughed, danced and celebrated--a lot. I am such a lucky gal. No time to harp on last weekend, this gal is headed to NYC this weekend! For the first time in my professional life, I actually have MLK day off, so I decided to utilize my day off a take a mini-trip. This time I actually will take pictures. Promise. I might even cook a meal this week too--no promises on that. This of course means all week long I will focus on just exactly WHAT to pack for 2 days in the big apple. I am thinking something along the lines of this cutie, but something tells me the weather might feel differently. Let's hope not.
image via Francescascollections.comBack to my room makeover. I have been going crazy over the blank walls, but I just don't know what I want! I finally decided that I want to replicate this darling scenario on a shelf somewhere in my room.
First off, I will need to locate a shelf and a time for my dad to come install it. Thennn I will move onto more important things like finding all this stuff on a budget. I know my mom has a collection of my grandmother's favorite books, so I am hoping she deems me mature enough to take care of some of her mother's precious books--plus it would be a cool way to have a part of her with me!I am loving the Andover jewelry box from Pottery Barn! I have a really nice PB jewelry box I got as a bridesmaid gift, but it's black. That worked perfectly in my past life, but not anymore! Plus, it's getting too small! Maybe I will put this on my birthday wish list.
image via potterybarn.comLastly, I would like to take a moment to send out a prayer to all the victims and survivors of the tragedy in Arizona on Saturday. Unfortunately, these events are becoming all too familiar, and having been there once before, it makes me sick. Hopefully one day we can put an end to all this nonsense.
U.S. Congressional staff observe a moment of silence to honor victims of the assassination attempt on Rep. Gabrielle Giffords on the steps of the Capitol in Washington, D.C., on Monday








No comments:
Post a Comment