1.27.2011

Snow Day! Work at Home Day!

Loving all this snow!
(except for the snow stuck in the god awful shrubs that line our walkway....)






Last night, roomie E and I went on a leisurely stroll around the neighborhood to laugh at all the dumbasses stuck look at the pretty snow, and ended joining a group of good samaritans who were helping stranded motorists on a hill get up the hill. We ended up running from car to car (it was a very well run operation) for at least an hour, and even ended up pushing a U-Haul (idiot...WHY are you moving during a snowstorm?) Our reward?? A fully shoveled sidewalk this morning! I must say, I really don't understand WHY dudes in Mini-Coopers think driving into snowbanks is a good idea. I regress.

(Thank you really nice neighbors who realize while the three of us are very capable of most domestic things, snow shoveling is not our forte....)

After 8 inches of snow and 4 hour long commutes (I knew there was a reason I pay a crap-load of money to live close to my work/the city.......), all we got was a measly 2 hour delay.

Luckily, my boss-woman deemed today work from home day, which means I have QUITE the to-do list to tackle. So far, I have checked off the 2 most important: shovel the walkway so we don't kill ourselves coming home and make healthy lunch.

Must.make.more.progress.

Therefore, I leave you with this cutie pie.


PS--We are supposed to get more snow tomorrow--aaah!


1 comment:

  1. I'd love to be working at home in my pajamas! Guess that couldn't really happen with teaching. I want a snow day!!!

    ReplyDelete