1. Bobbi Brown SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer. Can't live without this stuff. It's lightweight, has great coverage AND sunscreen (which you should put on EVERYDAY!). It tends to be a little pricey compared to other Foundations, but if you use a foundation brush, you can make a little go a long way. I have tried to use other foundations instead of this, and nothing compares.
2. Bare Minerals Mineral Veil. I tried the whole bare minerals system and my face didn't like it, but I can handle this power over the tinted moisturizer. I love how lightweight this powder is, and how one color works for EVERYONE. I feel refreshed and not caked in makeup. Plus, the handy-dandy re-fillable brush lets me take it with me in my purse and without the mess.
3. Burt's Bees Super Glossy Natural Lip Shine. I have to give credit where it is due. I did not discover this myself, my lovely roommate gifted this to me in my stocking this year and she was 100% correct when she said it was the best stuff ever. I cannot get enough of this stuff and boast it to anyone who will listen. I personally am a fan of the Sweet Pink color (anyone shocked by that?!?). Want your little bonus? It tastes fantastic! Officially addicted to this (which is exactly what a lip gloss company wants)
4. Olivia Garden Get Set EZ Grip Rollers. These come in handy for 2 very important reasons: 1) I have super thick hair and these are not your average velcro rollers and 2) I don't wash my hair everyday and it falls overnight. When you hair is as thick as mine, you need these. Why? For starters, my hair doesn't just 'pump up'...it is so thick it gets weighed down. Pop in these bad boys (I use the 2 inch ones....) while you are doing your makeup (and use a shot of cool air via hairdyer if you so choose), and then viola--volume and style! Lil bit of hairspray and it's off to work I go. Plus, you see those little picks? That's how they stay. Regular velcro rollers can't do that/ You can find them at Sally Beauty Supply for super cheap.
5. Dove Beauty Bar. Yes, I belong to the 'I-use-bar-soap' tribe. I stick with what works. That yellow-y soap leaves my skin dry, flaky and quite frankly not with a pleasant smell. I have very sensitive skin, and most of the soaps I try leave me itchy. No cucumber, lavender, etc. Just the plain white bar.
6. Scuni No-Slip Grip Large Claw clips. These are the ONLY claw clips I can use because they have rubber on the inside. Again--super thick hair meant that my childhood visions of just throwing my hair up in a claw clip only became real a year ago when I found these at CVS. Is it just a coincidence that everytime a friend stays for the weekend and borrows one for the first time they never give it back? I think not.
7. OPI Bubble Bath. Yep, I have featured this color before, but I can't help it I just love it. It looks clean, sophisticated, chic and professional all in one. I carry my bottle with me everywhere I go. The best part?? When it starts chipping, you can def. buy yourself a few days before a polish change. What's not to love about that?!?What are your beauty must-haves?







totally with you on the OPI bubble bath color - it's my go to neutral shade :)
ReplyDelete