New Year, New Crafts?
Ha! I wish. This whole trying to live a "lower consumption" lifestyle means my crafts this year are going to have to take a backsteat/I won't be making a wreath for every season. (My roommates are probably ecstatic about this!) In order to still get my crafting fix, I am going to try to make gifts this year for people. I made my friend a cute burlap monogram as a birthday gift and it was a HUGE hit--so far so good. (I will try and get her to snap a picture of it so I can show y'all....) I also have one of the most obnoxious collections of unused scrapbook paper/stickers/other rando scrapbook stuff I have ever seen, so I am going to make a conscious effort to use as much of that as I can before buying new stuff. Wish me luck with this.
Ha! I wish. This whole trying to live a "lower consumption" lifestyle means my crafts this year are going to have to take a backsteat/I won't be making a wreath for every season. (My roommates are probably ecstatic about this!) In order to still get my crafting fix, I am going to try to make gifts this year for people. I made my friend a cute burlap monogram as a birthday gift and it was a HUGE hit--so far so good. (I will try and get her to snap a picture of it so I can show y'all....) I also have one of the most obnoxious collections of unused scrapbook paper/stickers/other rando scrapbook stuff I have ever seen, so I am going to make a conscious effort to use as much of that as I can before buying new stuff. Wish me luck with this.
Not physically shopping means I spend time online shopping where I actually have to complete multiple steps to actually full procure something, so I usually don't end up completing the transaction. (Plus, my inner Jewish gal always cringes at shipping charges, which always help in a money-saving situation). Here is my wish-list of crafting things I want/would probably buy for myself if I weren't putting myself on crafting probation.
1. Martha Stewart Encyclopedia of Crafts. As much as you love to hate her, the woman knows what she is talking about, and usually has really cute stuff. I spotted this bad boy at Costco last night, so there is a high chance I could/will coerce my mom into a mother-daughter Costco shopping and crafting afternoon and possibly sneak this into the cart. She has always been supportive of me crafting and can be a bit of a pushover when it comes to these things. Some people may call it manipulation, I call it leveraging your resources.
1. Martha Stewart Encyclopedia of Crafts. As much as you love to hate her, the woman knows what she is talking about, and usually has really cute stuff. I spotted this bad boy at Costco last night, so there is a high chance I could/will coerce my mom into a mother-daughter Costco shopping and crafting afternoon and possibly sneak this into the cart. She has always been supportive of me crafting and can be a bit of a pushover when it comes to these things. Some people may call it manipulation, I call it leveraging your resources.
2. Martha Stewart Glitter Multipack. Okay before you think this is post is sponsored by Martha herself, let me make it QUITE clear it most def. is not. I am not trying to make this thing a business, and furthermore, I have a love-hate relationship with Martha crafting products. I think she has some of the cutest ideas and things out there, but everything is so overpriced. I only get her stuff if I have a coupon to Michaels (or if it is on sale), and even then you can find the same stuff for cheaper by another company. I can't really attest to the quality because I usually am too cheap to buy most of it, but it sure does look good. I believe this glitter pack retails for about $20-$25, which is just ridiculous for tubes of glitter this small. You can get a tube TWICE the size for $.99. Enter dilemma: those tubes of glitter are just not as pretty as these, so therefore this overpriced, fabulously-compiled collection of glitter is on my wish list.
3. Martha Stewart Tinsel Glitter. More overpriced glitter--more so than the glitter above! Enter dilemma #2: tinsel glitter IS NOT regular glitter and Martha has the best spread of colors around. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh life can be SO rediculous sometimes!
4. Making Memories Embellishment Center. One day, I will have a crafting room. And that fine day, at least one of these WILL be hanging on the wall. And beautiful things will come out of said room ALL the time (because naturally, I will have tons of time to do these things) I have so much ribbon--and it is all in 2 bags that at any given point are anywhere in the basement. Not exactly pretty. All of my crafting stuff is slammed into various bags and an under the bed box currently living in the basement and unable to close. I never really have a good grip on my inventory! This is one of those things you can't exactly have when you share a house with other people (not to mention most people don't want to waste wall space on ribbon), but a gal can dream right?
5. Silhouette SD Machine. This thing is awesome. It is essentially a die-cut machine and printer in one. It prints almost EVERYTHING and ANYTHING- vinyl, iron-on decals, art-work-- the possibilities are endless. You can read all about them here. I asked Santa for one of these, but it was def. a stretch. I have a manual die-cut machine from high-school, but this one is SO much cooler and would be QUITE the upgrade. You can download a font or picture online and it will print/cut it for you! (If there was a SUPER excited font, that last sentence would be in it!) You know those super cute sayings and shapes people stick on their walls in vinyl? Yep, you can do all of that on this!
images via silhouetteamerica.comHow amazing is that?!?!
Anddddddd over at House of Smith's they are giving one away! Feel free to enter here (but know that IF you win and you heard of it from me, you WILL be summoned to a crafting sesh with me!) Click on this link to enter! http://bit.ly/f7pz6v.












No comments:
Post a Comment