Happy Monday peoples!
I don't know about you....but I wish this day would
just.go.away.
I am really not interested in anything having to do with today except figuring out WHAT THE HELL is going to happen in Season 3 of Homeland.
Yep, I finished Season 2 this weekend.
Which means I logged 24 hours of television watching over the past week.....12 of them between Friday at 5 and Sunday night/Monday 1 am....
I don't even remember the last time I watched 2 hours of TV consecutively.
I am resuming my normal sleep schedule starting TONIGHT!
First things first:
HOCKEY IS BACK!
Wahoo.
The NHL lockout ended Sunday am around 6 am.
Thank the dear lord.
Unfortunately, I don't work right by the Caps practice facility so long gone are the days of spying Ovie roaming the mall after practice, but I'll just see him at the games instead ;)
This weekend was the most productive weekend I have had in quite a while.
To start: I woke up Saturday sober.
This hasn't happened in quite a while...it was definitely strange.
The weather was perfect and there is no time like the present to start training for the half....so I grabbed one of my friends who is running it with me (and a much better runner than myself may I add.....) and we logged 8 miles before 1 pm.
I have NEVER run 8 miles before.
It felt great.
Afterwards my feet hurt like nobody's business, so I made the executive decision that my old sneakers - which I purchased for fashion purposes only - had to go.
I was already planning to get a lightweight jacket for post-work runs at night.....
(I almost froze myself out last week....)
....and by chance /the fact that I had a chaperone.....
(I had never been to REI before.....outdoor stores were unchartered territory until Saturday....)
.....I scored these Mizuno Waves (in the perfect neon pink/yellow combo) AND a jacket ON SALE!
Things I love: neons & things on sale.
Afterwards, my friend and I took a trip to Costco (very familiar territory...) to stock up on some healthy things (we were on a roll after our run....) such as: 4 lbs of chicken (which we split), 12 greek yogurts (again split....who has room for all that??), 2 lb bag of carrots and a giant container of fiber gummies I am officially child-locked OUT OF.... (How the hell does that happen?!?)
It was so strange having nowhere to be on Saturday....we browsed every.single.aisle. Costco has some really cool things. And some ridiculous things.
Somewhere between the produce and dairy aisle, we turned into a walking new-years cliche.
But it was all so cheap.
I.LOVE.COSTCO!
Note to self: Going to our Costco at 2 pm on a Saturday is like going to the mall during the Holidays--you have to be crazy to do it.
Hi, Have we met before?
Speaking of deals....y'all need to check out the socks at H&M. J.Crew has my favorite socks....but they are like $10/pair. Maybe on my old budget. These bad boys were only $10 for 5 pairs....(don't know why they are more online...) and are adorable!
The rest of the weekend I literally watched Homeland or football and ate.
Very fun....I know.
I promise I will have more to report next weekend!
Do yourself a favor now, and pick these 100 Calorie pack of cocoa flavored almonds up. They are a GREAT snack when you are craving something filling and sweet...but not tooooo sweet.
Nevermind the fact that I have already gone through 2 packs today.










No comments:
Post a Comment