1.18.2013

Five Pinterest Thoughts for Friday

Welcome new readers from Lauren's High Five for Friday Link Up!
Glad you are here :)

Last weekend I hit Pinterest hard.
I am talking super ambitious (for me)...

This was all before I got sick.

I decided to start menu planning in attempt to a) help save money  and b)eat healthier.

Despite getting sick, I stuck to the menu pretty well :) 
(After all day of laying in bed, I actually got the urge to cook......)

So...how did it turn out you ask?

Here are 5 things from Pinterest I attempted to cook/craft and my thoughts on each.....

1. Ciltantro Grilled Thai Chicken via Artsy-Foodie


I made this for dinner on Sunday night, and unfortunately, I was not impressed. I followed the recipe to the T and baked the chicken instead of grilling ( it was raining outside, and usually baking adds moisture...) 

The chicken was dried out and pretty flavor-less...I think the marinade needs to be more intense.

Am I making this again? Probably not.


 2. Guilt Free Ice Cream via Recipe by Photo




I wanted this to be better than it turned out...but I don't think I made it correctly. Our food processor is considerably smaller than the one she uses AND I realized after the fact I used too much peanut butter.
It's good, but it doesn't taste like I expected.

NOTE: Peel and cut your bananas BEFORE you freeze them.
How do I know this? From doing things the hard way.
TRUST.

I've also been sick and not interested in eating anything cold, so I would be lying if I said that I have tried it recently and still feel the same....

Am I making this again? Yes...because I really want to believe there is guilt-free ice cream out there.
AND...I will follow the recipe more closely :)



3. Kale, Turkey and Black Bean Taco filling via Green Lite Bites


 I made this while I was sick on Wednesday night...which I am saying to emphasize how EASY it is. It's also ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS and has lean, healthy ingredients! 

Another plus: it feeds A LOT. I had this for dinner twice, and have enough leftover for at least 2 more dinners. I didn't put in Tacos, I just ate it in a bowl....but on her site she has lots of fun options.

I left out the Jalapeno pepper and used Taco Seasoning instead of Cumin (last minute realization I was OUT of Cumin....)

Am I making this again? HELL YES!

4. DIY Glitter Mason Jars via this Lillyshop tutorial 

I had been wanting to make these for a while. I picked up some Martha Stewart glitter in bronze (truth: I spent 25 minutes in the glitter aisle at Michaels....Martha has the best glitter....even if it's 2.5x the price of all the other kinds....)


I followed the Lillyshop tutorial and had so much leftover Mod Podge/glitter mixture I grabbed another mason jar and dumped it in there. I used about half the bottle of glitter...which made my finished product VERY glittery (aka how I wanted it..)

One thing this tutorial doesn't tell you is that you have to eventually turn the jars right side up or they will never dry. After the second day of wondering if they would ever dry....I used a blow-dryer to set the mod podge on the edges (so it wouldn't drip) and kind of-dried them out. I then left them right side up for another day and they were ready to go!

I LOVE the way they turned out....how cute does this guy look holding my makeup brushes?


Am I making this again? Yes! They would make a GREAT gift and are pretty easy to make. Just remember you need to give yourself 3 days to complete the process and you CANNOT drink out of them after you glitter them.

5. Kleenex Cool Touch Tissues

Okay, this last one isn't a Pinterest find, but a life find I need to share with you all. 

These are the cashmere of tissues.
They are the softest tissues in the whole wide world, and after you have been blowing your nose non-stop, they are the best thing to touch your nose since....well nothing at all.

They are also on sale this week at CVS (you know, in case you think you are getting sick OR want to stock up....)

My dad dropped off a care package for me yesterday
 (yes, my dad came to check up on me and no I am not ashamed of it...as a single gal someone's gotta take the reins!)
with Soup, Grilled Cheese fixings, Oranges, Tea & Lemon, Ginger Ale, Diet Coke (he knows what I need to regain my strength) and what he calls the 'expensive' tissues. 
(I call them the casmiracle tissues....they literally turned my day around....)



...but of course, you can't put a price on your kids ;)
(At least that's what I tell him....)

Aren't Dad's the best?!?!

I hope yo y'all have a GREAT weekend! 
I am going to lay low and kick this cold :)


3 comments:

  1. I love love the glitter gar! I am stopping by from the #H54F blog hop today. I am your newest follower, if you get a chance please stop by and check out my blog. Have a great weekend:)

    ~Chelsee
    Southern Beauty Guide
    http://southernbeautyguide.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those glitter jars - they're very you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh that ice cream will be on my list for summer for sure. Martha's glitter is the best despite the price and sometimes its on sale so get it! The tissues I always by them since I stumbled upon them last year.

    Have a gerat day!
    Marisa
    www.agirlinheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete