1.14.2013

Weekend Recap & Golden Globe Gals


Hope everyone had a great weekend! I was lead to believe it was going to be one of those surprise top-down-in-January weekends...but I was fooled. It was misty and muggy with TONS of fog. I felt like I was back in Seattle.

I decided to take it easy this weekend--in January, I like to go into hibernation mode. It's cold out...I try to get healthy, lower my tolerance...etc.

Friday night, I had a preggo-friendly birthday bash with my 7-month preggo BFF Torey. We went to Serendipity for dinner and then got FREE blowouts at DryBar courtesy of HBO! 

Torey's hair looked UNREAL. I can't wait for her to me on maternity leave so she can come get weekday blowouts with me (not that I get those...but it sure sounds like an excuse to take the day off....)


I really love going to DryBar, but they really need to work on their consistency.....you can ask for the same thing and depending on your person....it may or may not look completely different! #frustrating

This weekend....I did a bunch of things I normally DON'T DO on the weekends. 
(Read: no shopping, going out or eating out ....boringgggggggg)

I watched TWO movies....which surpasses my 2012 movie total already.

Pitch Perfect is H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S. Get your best girlfriends together, grab a bottle of wine and have a movie night. You will laugh your asses off. 


Zero Dark Thirty was incredibly suspenseful considering you ALREADY KNOW WHAT HAPPENS. Jessica Chastain was amazing and the ending was.....I don't even have the words, Just go see it, you won't be disappointed. Plus, you get to stare at a bunch of Navy SEALS.....who are H-O-T. This movie def. got snubbed at the Golden Globes.


This weekend's raging Saturday night was brought to you by our friends at Scrabble and the nice friend who left this bottle of red after our Friendsgiving dinner. At least the wine bottle dressed up in some Faux Fur to go out....


I came in a respectable second, had a nice buzz, and didn't have any creepers calling my phone at 3 am.....so I call it a win for a Saturday night.

Okay, I lie I did a LITTLE bit of shopping. Secret : I did A LOT of Pinteresting Sunday....so some errands for supplies were necessary. While running errands for 'only necessary' things...I came across these adorable notebook bands and decided my Grey Levenger needed a makeover.


What can I say...old habits die hard.


Okay...onto the Golden Globes. Now that I actually have a couple (okay...working on some other ones...) TV show(s) I am into....I was interested in more than just the red carpet.

But, people are mostly interested in red carpet looks...so here are my favorites:
(all photos courtesy of NBCNews.com)

1. Claire Danes
Holy WOW hot Momma. Her waist was sooooo small, and her hair looked gorg.
 And Homeland cleaned up on awards. 
All around great night for her.


2. Jessica Alba
Not crazy about the actual color of the dress, but she looked freaking amazing....old Hollywood glam.
I also think this is the worst picture I have seen of her look, but I have a day job, too so this will have to do.




 3. Nicole Kidman
Well, this shout out is really for her dress.....this McQueen is GORGEOUS!


4. Kate Hudson
Let's just say it out loud...Sarah Burton is really kicking ass at McQueen.


5. Anne Hathaway
PLEASE grow out your hair. With that being said, you look gorgeous in Chanel.

 



 Worst look of the night? Hands-down Guiliana Rancic's red carpet monstrosity. It's so bad, I am not putting a picture of it up on this blog. This blog is for pretty things...the only ugly thing on here is my cooking. 
Google it if you haven't seen it.

Okay....that is all for today my friends. Check back in later this week for an update on my day of Pinteresting!
 (crafting, cooking and food processors--YIKES) 





No comments:

Post a Comment