Today's post is dedicated to my BFF Torey who is turning twenty-weareignoringit today.
We are celebrating by getting blowouts at DryBar and grabbing some dinner downtown :)
Torey and I become instant friends the summer before freshman year of high school. We were determined to make the high school cheerleading squad and spent the entire summer working on our jumps, back handsprings (which 4 years later...never happened!) and laying by the pool.
We did make the cheerleading squad....4 years in a row.
I couldn't find a picture of us, but this ornament of us makes the family Christmas tree every year!
Torey is one of those once in a lifetime friends. She has been by my side every step of the way. We survived high school and all it's awkwardness. During my junior year, both my mom and my dad learned their health was in decline and it rocked my world. They both needed simple medical procedures and increased medical care (happy to report all is well today!)...and during that tumultuous time Torey and her family were there for me every step of the way.
We've been through COUNTLESS haircuts and colors (Yikes...I can't believe I am posting some of these pictures of me....)
....more Kenny Chesney concerts than normal...
and even survived college.
(We were on Homecoming Court together!)
Through it all, Torey has always been there for me....even when she has lived HOURS away.
She may always be skinnier than me, and be correcting my grammar forever....but I will still always love her.
We haven't missed each other's birthday....EVER.
Not many people can say that.
In 2010, Torey married the SAME guy she was dating when we first became friends. That makes her husband my best guy friend....(he knows WAY TOO much about me). It's safe to say her wedding was probably the best day of my life so far.
(It was also the motivation for me to lose 35 lbs.....more on that later, but Torey was absolutely mt biggest supporter during that time as well).
I am getting really mushy and sentimental writing this post because in just a few short months Torey is going to be a Mommy! I am so excited for her and her husband--you just don't understand how beautiful this child is going to be. She is going to be a great mom--I know this because she is a GREAT teacher and even better person. I have had the chance to visit some of her classes over the years, and those kids love her!
Plus, baby Henry gets to have me as an Aunt! (what could be better than that?!?)
I will always look up to Torey- she is smart, composed, carefree, strong and determined. She accomplishes everything she puts her mind to. She never lets anything get her down.
She will forever be calling me for fashion advice--and that's just fine with me!
I always cherish all of our special moments together and can't wait for many, many more memorable ones (with Baby Henry in tow!) for years to come.
Tor, this will be the best year yet. I am sure you won't read this for aother 3 weeks or so when you decide to catch up on my blog (most likely when you are in labor...) but that's okay.
You don't need a blog post to know how much I love you.
Thank you
for
everything.
And Happy Happy Birthday!
(We are not getting that old....yet)




















SO sweet! Happy Birthday, Torey!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Torey!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is so nice :) Love it! Happy Birthday, Torey.
ReplyDelete