Hola!
I am linking up with Sami & Leann for the first time for a little weekend update!
Hope y'all had a great weekend :) I layed low in an attempt to get over the plague part 2...but I did get some things done around the house.
Saturday was craft-a-palooza...I was armed with burlap, chalkboard paint, glitter, canvas and acrylic paint. Anything was fair game ;) I will show you the results later this week--come back to check it all out! I FINALLY cleaned out and organized my scrapbooking stash--got rid of all the ugly paper and things I won't be using...now I actually know what I have on hand! (safe to say I had questionable taste when I first started scrapbooking.....)
I also did some cooking (gasp!). Trying to get back into my healthy living routine that was side tracked by guzzling massive amounts of Orange Juice and Chicken Noodle Soup in an attempt to feel normal.
I made a homemade version of the Sweetgreen Spicy Kale Chips last night for a pre-SAG awards red carpet treat. For those of you who aren't from DC, Sweetgreen is a great fancy salad place. I used to work one block away from one, and went for lunch at least twice a week. I REALLY miss it.
Over the summer, they have spicy kale chips for sale that are GREAT light treat, but are pretty dang expensive for a handful of Kale. I happened to have a bag of Kale in the fridge that was reaching the end of it's life, so I figured WHY NOT KALE CHIPS? That should finish off the bag quickly.
I had almost an entire bag of Trader Joe's Kale leftover, so I ended up tripling (and slightly altering) the recipe to cover all the Kale on the cookie sheet. For (roughly) one bag of kale, use the following measurements:
9 tsp EVOO
Generous amounts of Kosher Salt + Pepper
(be more generous with the pepper)
1&1/2 tbsp garlic powder
3 tbsp Siracha
Mix all of the above in a bowl...spread evenly over your kale and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
For whatever reason, in my case, the kale on the edges crisped better than the middle. I actually ended taking out the crispy pieces and moving the middle parts to the edge 2 times overall. Each time, the edge pieces would crisp up in 5 minutes, so you may have to do a little bit of oven-hovering.
These are SO good...they have just the right amount of zing!
Enjoy:)
Hope y'all had a great weekend!
Hope y'all had a great weekend!








No comments:
Post a Comment