I am officially declaring today 'Glam Friday'.
Let me explain--on Friday I usually throw something on (yoga pants or jeans....), run to Starbucks and work from home. In the off occasion I go into the office on Friday (ahem today)...I usually wear work pants and something super boring.
Except today.
I was up and at 'em early. Feeling good. I decided to put myself together since I was going into the office.... after all, it's 2013.
Do better in 2013.
I had extra time to do my hair.
It was cooperating.
The weather was ideal for my hair surviving my commute which involves stepping outside for more than 30 seconds.
(This combination of events never happens.....)
(still trying to work on this whole taking pictures of yourself in the mirror thing...it's super awkward).
I would be lying to you if I said that I would know ANYTHING about hair curling or volume had I never met Laura in college. She taught me everything I know. All I did was find the most expensive talented stylist in the DC Metro area to keep my brown hair blonde.
So I decided to step up my game.
Off went the pants and sweather....
I pulled out my new Glitter Perfect Block Heels (This year's Christmas present to myself....nevermind the fact I had to call 4 Ann Taylor stores and get them shipped in from Philadelphia.....)
Yes, in my book, these ARE work appropriate. (with a LBD)
Grabbed the coral-y golden color from my KS Lip Crayons (thanks Santa!)....
and even tuched up my party nail that was horrendously nicked up. Color is Butter's Lovely Jubbly and it's AMAZING. (Thanks Secret Santa!)
and had some pep in my step.
The first thing my boss asked?
'It's Friday....why are you here? You work from home on Fridays....."
(Hmmmmm.......Wonder what I am going to do next Friday.....)
The fact is...none of these things were purchased for a 'special occasion'...just everyday use. And they make me feel pretty....which makes me wonder 2 things:
1) why can't everyday be glam whatever-day?
2) Who says glitter in the office isn't appropriate?
Time for a revolution ladies!
Have a fab weekend y'all!









No comments:
Post a Comment