I am linking up for another Top 2 Tuesday with Taylor & friends!

Top 2 Things you've learned from your parents or grandparents
1. Never Give Up.
My parents raised me to take the good times with the bad and push through when times were tough. There was no 'quitting' in our house, and failure was not an option. The only thing I ever 'quit' in my life was ballet (to start swimming....) and I still regret it to this day. Today, I find this lesson to be especially important as a young, female professional in a male-dominated work environment. Luckily, at my new job there are a good number of kick-@$ women I aspire to be like, and many of them continually give me feedback to help me grow, which helps re-charge my mojo when it's down.2. Always Be Yourself.
This one is a doozy. If you fake it, your true colors will come out eventually. You can put on a show, but at the end of the day you are only lying to yourself. As uncomfortable as this can be at times, I have to remember I am who I am - faults and all - and that's just the way it is. Your real friends will accept you and your beliefs, and the rest you are better off without.
(My life would have been less drama-filled had I subscribed to this belief earlier.....)






Great Advice!! I love your pink background!
ReplyDelete