2.07.2011

Super Sunday Monday Musings (...and by the time I post this, it will be Tuesday....aaah!)

Hello my lovelies--hope you all had a great weekend! I have been a busy busy gal lately, but I wanted to update everyone on the oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies--they were a-freaking amazing and I will def. be making them again. Trying to be practical AND attempting to pinch cals where I could, I used Splenda instead of real sugar and egg beaters instead of actual eggs (I use egg beaters every morning so I was trying to get out of buying Egg Beaters AND a pack of eggs....) and they came out a little dry for my liking, but still amazing. I will def. be making them again. Of course my hands were too covered in butter and cookie dough to actually take some detailed pics, so maybe next time?!?!

On the domestic front, in addition to the cookies AND 7 layer dip for the SB, I did make those Red Pepper Spread and Chicken Paninis I posted a while back and they were DELICIOUS!


Lots and lots of Cheese.

This stuff is to die for.

I really need to learn how to cut bread evenly. Left: Bread I cut. Right: Bread roomie cut. (and she even took the messy, cheesey one on the left!)


Packer and Steeler Georgetown Cupcakes--thank you Little J!

A few thoughts from the weekend:

1. WAHOO Packers! We call that karmic retribution Big Ben. Go hang out with girls your own age this summer and stay out of trouble.

2. WAY TO GO CAPS! Huge win on Super Sunday. (and rough Sunday for Pittsburgh, yikes.)

3. Went to Sephora this weekend only to find out my local Sephora isn't a "regular" size store and they didn't have a SINGLE ONE of the six items I was looking for. It's probably a good thing since my Sephora.com cart is currently at $215 dollars and I am way too cheap to pay for shipping on MAKEUP. (Plus, how are they going to guarantee it doesn't break in the mail?!?!) So long for that 'shopping hiatus'

4. Favorite commerical--tie between Chrysler/Michigan/Eminem one and Volkswager/Darth Vader. Also, can I get 2 thumbs up for the return of the E-Trade babies?!?!

5. The opening commentated by Michael Douglas brought me to tears and still gives me chills. Simply amazing. If you didn't see it, watch now.



6. Christina Aguliera--really?

7. The Black Eyed Peas are terrible. End of story. Get Carrie Underwood in there for the halftime show.

Pray I have internet at work tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment