2.14.2011

Non-Cynical Valentines Day Post

I usually spend Valentines Day wearing black and professing my love for being single and fabulous (because any single twenty-something is fabulous!) and shunning Valentines Day and all of it's romantic glory. By this time I am out with friends throwing back a few too many glasses of wine and taking stabs at guessing what the couples sitting in the candle-lit booth at the restaurant across the street are talking about, declaring that obviously, they aren't having as much fun as we are. Today, I am putting off reviewing hundreds of pages of audit trails by blogging (fun stuff). But, I am learning as I get older, things are different now. No, I am not out with the girls having one too many Margaritas (but I wish I was--boo!), but I also am not a bitter bachelorette today.

My friends started getting married. And having babies. And buying houses. And staying in and just hanging out with each other. And they are happier than ever. Some of my fondest memories to date involve a white dress and a whole lotta lovey-dovey stuff these days. My views on love are far more different than they were a year ago. I still don't know if I will ever find it - I have some serious barriers I need to let down if I ever expect to be in a relationship - but I am finally in a place where I am no longer upset with where I am. I am single because I have chosen to be, not because nobody likes me. I am not alone, I am free. Free to play, free to explore, free to do whatever the hell I want. And I love it.


So, to my amazing family and friends, Happy Valentines Day.
I love you all!





1 comment:

  1. love you dear friend. so excited to play on sunday!

    ReplyDelete