Happy Monday everyone! Hope y'all are having a great day! I have to admit, mine could have started off better....but things are (kind of) looking up. Minus the part where its raining and cold AND my contacts wouldn't go into my eyes this morning...things are pretty decent around here.
Anywho, another exhausting weekend in the books. One that started on Thursday afternoon and didn't quite rest on Sunday even though I escaped to Mom & Dad's for some R&R (and a home-cooked dinner.....)
This weekend could have been summed up in one word: Hockey.
Lots of it. (3 games since Thursday to be exact....)
Around this town, our hockey team is the hottest ticket in town (and the only professional team that wins on a semi-regular basis). Washington doesn't exactly have lots of loyal fans (as this is a transient town...) but I am a lifer and love my DC teams (minus the Redskins).
Lots of it. (3 games since Thursday to be exact....)
Around this town, our hockey team is the hottest ticket in town (and the only professional team that wins on a semi-regular basis). Washington doesn't exactly have lots of loyal fans (as this is a transient town...) but I am a lifer and love my DC teams (minus the Redskins).
Anyways, Thursday night my long-time (2nd grade!) BFF Felice and her hubs game up from North Carolina to go to the game--and WE WON! Wahoo! Yes, Caps games are so much fun that good fans will travel from NC to see them in the playoffs :) Here we are in all our pre-game glory (and super blonde hair) before the game-so much fun!
After some super fun post-game victory celebrations that lasted way too early into the next morning, my alarm went off way too soon Friday AM. Quick stint at work (YES...I got to work on time!) and it was back downtown to meet up with the visitors for some touristy action.
Saturday I went to my dear friend/old co-worker/loyal blog follower Holly's wedding. She had a gorgeous wedding on the Patuxent River in Maryland. It was gorgeous weather and how cute is she with her new husband, Jason?
They had their wedding at this adorable outdoor venue and served some yummy BBQ. Just look at that pig right smack in the middle of the reception!
Right after I got home from the wedding, I caught the last few minutes of the Caps game (WIN AGAIN-wahoo!) and then it started DOWNPOURING...which meant my raging Saturday night was spent at Target where I got this adorable Caps shirt for only $15 (what a steal!) along with, oh you know, about 20 other things I didn't plan on getting but all the sudden 'needed' at Target.
Sunday I escaped to Mom & Dad's for a Mani/Pedi with Momma and Game 6 of the Caps-Bruins Playoff game at home. They handed out these foam stick hats at the game on Sunday....so when Mom & I returned from the nail salon looking like this my Dad shook his head and said if we bothered him during the game he was going to watch it downstairs in the basement alone. Needless to say, he ended up alone in the basement bc Momma and I were bouncing off-the-walls.
Unfortunately, the stick hats provided no luck as the Caps lost game 6 and are now heading to Boston for a win or go golfing Game 7 on Wednesday. After dinner, Mom and I went to see the new Disney Nature Chimpanzee movie and it was A-DORABLE! I highly recommend it-I love all the Disney Nature movies and this one does not disappoint.
How was your weekend?











No comments:
Post a Comment