3.01.2011

Top 2 Tuesday

Sorry I have been MIA since Friday...Top 2 Tuesday Time!


Top 2 Things You Have Learned About Money

1. It doesn't grow on trees (unfortunately).
Boy did I learn this one fast. When I first graduated and started my job, I was so excited to finally be making my own money that I spent my ENTIRE paycheck in one weekend. Whoops. Long gone were the days of having my mom's credit card for gas and "emergency" purchases. Luckily, I was fortunate enough to get bailed out, but I was so mortified of what I did that I vowed to never do it again. I may have had it really good growing up, but I am glad I finally appreciate the value of the dollar now.

2. You may like it, but it won't make you happy.
I am firm believer that money makes life easier, but not always better. I took my first job strictly for the money (hey, I was young and confused, what was a gal to do?!?!) and sometimes I still wonder what may have been had I followed my passions and taken a risk on a lower-paying job. At the end of the day, it is about life's everlasting memories. When you look back at an unforgettable moment, I doubt you will remember how much money you had at the time, but you will exactly how you felt and the people you were with.

No comments:

Post a Comment