11.08.2010

Monday Morning Musings

Happy Daylight Savings Monday! A few notes from the weekend and a few of my random thoughts for your enjoyment.

-I was really excited when I woke up this morning and it was sunny. Then I remembered when I leave the office at 5:30 today it is going to be pitch black. So long for the excitement (and my outdoor running....)

-Only I would not be able to sleep in on the one day that I have an extra hour of sleep. FAIL.

-Roomie (follow here) came home with the past 4 issues of People and US Weekly she collected on her travels and gave them to me. WIN!

-The Price William/Kate Middleton special on TLC was corny and a waste of time. So much that I fell asleep and woke up at 3 am to a Proactiv Infomercial. Please spare us one until the wedding ACTUALLY happens, then give me every damn detail of the big day. I love a good wedding.

-I think rolling computer bags on the Metro should be OUTLAWED. The women/men who own these things always stop IN FRONT of the escalator (during rush hour, really??) and cause a potential safety hazard trying to snap the handle up. Then they stand in one exit line while their bag is in another...and after they do exit they just gallivant to the escalators. Did it ever dawn on them on a Monday morning SOME PEOPLE ARE LATE FOR WORK?!?! Get out of the way and get some exercise and lift that damn bag already.

-There is STILL Halloween candy all over my office. It's gotta go. I need to slim down before my Thanksgiving purge.

-Speaking of Thanksgiving, I spent last night going through my November Real Simple, and bookmarked about 15 Thanksgiving recipes. Then I remembered I am not cooking for Thanksgiving, and the recipes were far too unhealthy for a regular dinner. It's the thought that counts right?

-I vacuumed and mopped my ENTIRE room this weekend. I hate cleaning floors. But I hate dirty rooms and dust more. I literally moved every piece of furniture and got down and dirty--take THAT Martha Stewart. Additionally, I don't think there was a square inch the vacuum went that it didn't suck up a heap of my blonde hair. Gross.

-I was late for my meeting this morning because I found this dress 60% off at Nordstrom and the only size left was mine. We call that fate, and in the end my boss totally understood why I was tardy. Then we talked about what shoes to wear with it. Very productive meeting. What do you think?
Nordstrom.com

-Excellent weekend for my teams: Hokies had a big win on Thursday, a few top teams lost, and the Caps won both games this weekend. Whoop whoop!

-My little sister turned 22 this weekend. Guess that doesn't make her little anymore :( Meh.

-Kohl's shopping trip was a huge success. So much that I am going to dedicate an entire post to it. Unfortunately, the items I posted on Friday were AWFUL. Fortunately, I found others that were amazing. Draw.

I have a few crafts, outfits and recipes on my to-do and get on the blog list, so stay tuned! Hope everyone is having a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment