12.07.2010

Wreath Weekend!

My love for wreaths is no secret to any of my (5) readers. I had located a cute wreath idea earlier in the week from one of the bajillion craft blogs I stumbled upon, but forgot to write down which one it was, so I can't link it up to give them idea credit! Anyways, the materials are a natural wreath form, some glittery fake leaves , silver spiral-y things, some wire ribbon and a glue gun. Glitter the leaves (literally use Elmer's glue and the cheapest tube of glitter from the store), let them dry and then glue them on the wreath. Attach the silver spirals (found it to be easier to just weave them through branches), attach and bow a viola! So easy and so cute! (advance apologies--it is really hard to take pictures while crafting, especially when glue is involved)

Leaf glittering extravaganza.


Finished Product!

I actually made two of these, and hung them in place of some wall scones that frame the french doors leading to our sunroom. In a later post, I have a picture of our totally decorated dining room, and you can see them in action.

While I was waiting for my glitter leaves to dry, I actually made another wreath, but this one was more of a last minute surprise. A friend of a friend knows about this wreath-making fundraiser a local park puts on. For a small donation, you can reserve a table, invite your friends and make wreaths and centerpieces from live pine branches cut from trees in the park! The wreath forms, wire and ribbon are provided--so all you need to bring is things for the centerpieces. I had NO idea this was such a popular event--I met some women who had been going for over 10 years (and put my little wreath to shame)! Anyways, I was invited last minute and decided to make this simple, natural wreath and add a cute bow with music notes and some pine cones, and call it a day. I must say, the natural ingredients were a lot harder to use than I thought (even after taking floral design in college.....), and required WAY more time and patience than I have ever exerted on a wreath before. With that being said, I can't say I have ever made anything that smells this good either...what do ya think?

Editors note: Ignore my outfit--I was covered in sap and not about to ruin a perfectly good pair of jeans.

Happy Holidays--more pics of the house decorated coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment