12.08.2010

Deck the Halls!

I realized while taking pictures of our house during and after decorating that a) My camera really sucks or b) I don't know how to use it properly. I am going to go with the latter because it really isn't that old, and I know 3 other people who have it and take just fine pictures. With that being said, if you have a Cannon Elf and can help a girl out, please let me know. Anyways, we finally decorated on Monday and our house is on crack but absolutely A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E. I must say, it takes a certain kind of eye to properly integrate Christmas AND Hanukkah decorations, but I think after a few years of practice we finally have it down!!

You can't really see it here, but our (grown up) gold and silver tree in the main room. (Told ya my camera is terrible/I have NO clue how to use it) Time to ditch the hot pink ornaments...it was fun while it lasted. We have a bit of a tree-topper issue which I will try to resolve this weekend with a trip to Michaels. Again. This is a really bad picture--I am going to try to take another one, because when it is all lit up, this tree is actually adorable.

The mantle with my hand-made wreath. (Yes, I wrapped the giant painting in wrapping paper to match the house). Roomie L--get your stocking up there--this just doesn't look right!

Another view of the mantle.

Great job, E!

Trying to get the lighting right, but a good detail shot. (Promise that is the last mantle pic)

The "fun" mini tree in the dining room--complete with homemade pom-pom garland!

Glittery centerpiece with Snowman Salt & Pepper shakers and my new Snowflake table runner (I love you Homegoods)

Dining room shot--do those wreaths look familiar??!

Home sweet home! How many holiday items can you spot in this room?!?


Touche.

I promise I will play around with the camera to get a better shot of the tree this weekend after I fix the topper situation, since it's rather pathetic I don't have a decent picture of it. Hope everyone is getting into the holiday spirit!

1 comment:

  1. not feeling the tree skirt, boo.

    everything else is FAB :)

    ReplyDelete