12.07.2010

Domesticate This Diva #3 - Latkes!


Since it is Hanukkah and all, I decided to make some latkes to get into the Holiday spirit. I am still a little scarred after the Shrimp and Rice Bake fiasco, but the saying is fall down X times, get up X + 1 times. So...latkes it is.

Step 1: Get your ingredients ready. Latke mix and 2 eggs. Check. (I like to use egg beaters instead and they haven't let me down yet...for those of you wondering 1/4 cup egg beaters= 1 egg). Also, not pictured : 2 cups cold water. Check.

Step 2: Combine latke mix and eggs into large bowl. Check.

Step 3: Add 2 cold water and mix with fork until fluffy. Let sit for 5-10 minutes. Check.

Step 4: Line frying pan with Veggie oil and fry away. Check. Notice the concentration...I was NOT going to burn these babies!

Step 5: Wait until golden brown, flip and brown on the other side (approx. 4 mins per side). When they are done, make sure to put them on a plate lined with a paper towel to get some of the extra grease off.

Look at those babies--delish! They go great with sour cream (some people like them with apple sauce, too!)

And there we go....this lil Yenta made some latkes and they were delish. Now I am off to play drediel with a bottle of wine....(or secretly decorate for Christmas hehehe)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment