1.31.2014

Getting To Know You-Five Facts about me on Friday

Today I am double linking....I am going to leverage Leslie's 'Getting to Know You' series to tell you 5 things about me for the Five on Friday. That my friends...is what we call multi-tasking. 


 photo db7528c5-a5c8-4eb0-9519-22997b018248_zps7d56832d.jpg



I think Leslie's meet-up is such a cute idea to get to know your fellow blogger friends a little better. I have seem some new faces under followers lately...so I figure now is as good as a time as ever to re-introduce myself AND get to meet some new people! 

1. Who are you and where are you from?

I think it's pretty obvious...BUT in case you can't figure it out, my name is Alex and I am from Northern Virginia--born and raised. Did a quick stint in Blacksburg for college (Go Hokies!), where I realized I do love small towns but I am not a small town girl, and came right back to the DC Area. 

virginia is for lovers ♥

2. What do you do with your days?

I wish I had a glamorous answer to this...but I don't. I work for a large corporation in their consulting practice. It's very not glamorous....long hours and more frequently than not, I work very late into the evening and sometimes on the weekends....and no I do not make overtime. It's just the company culture and I am playing along. 

what to wear in a magazine office
What I wish I looked like at work.....

By night, I moonlight as the #TeamTeddy Public Relations Chair/Brand Manager/anything else that Mary needs help with. Between that, I try to sprinkle in some dating, happy hours, and workouts....none of the above are going very well at the moment. 

Displaying photo.PNG

My little Teddy Man....read all about his battle with Menkes here.


3. What are your dreams and goals?

Ummm...where do I start with this? I would love to be my own boss one day. I really love working...I have a lot of talent and drive, but I really like doing things my own way ;) I dream of being an event planner or a PR executive...but my current career has absolutely nothing to do with that and those two fields are extremely challenging to break into. I would love to get married and start a family, but that would require one to go on more than 1 date with a guy...soooo that's that for now. (More on my commitment issues another day....)

4. Why did you start blogging?

Honestly? Most of my friends were getting married and starting blogs about wedding planning, but I thought the concept of blogging was really cool. My problem was I had no idea what to blog about since I was not getting married. It quickly came to my attention that my friends really wanted me to blog about clothes. Seeing how I online shop..err...all the time and was always getting requests for breaking down my outfits...it seemed to make sense.Then I started exploring the world of blogs for content ideas and just rolled with it. I am trying to make my blog appeal to the working-woman....fashion, news, events, etc. We will see how this turns out...but that's who I am, so it's easiest for me. 


I also have to give a lot of credit to Laura, one of my in real life girlfriends. I've known her way before we even know what blogs were! We are sorority sisters, Carrie Underwood fanatics, and best friends. She kept pushing me to post even when I only had 20 followers and even designed my blog for me. She keeps me going when I am in a blog funk....often times bribing me with small design updates. 

5. Some Random facts:

-Growing up, I was asked millions of time if I was the girl who played Veda in My Girl. Now people tell me I look like Topanga from Boy Meets World. I don't see how either of those girls look alike, nor how I look like them...but whatever.




-I bought a condo in May 2013....which makes me a homeowner on one income. Buying a home by yourself and seeing all that money you owe on paper without having ANYONE else to depend on is the absolute scariest thing ever. Some days I wonder what the hell I got myself into and other days I tell myself 'Damn girl...you did it!'

Displaying photo 1.JPG

little sneek peek into...my living/dining room....

Displaying photo 2.JPG

-I don't know what color my hair really is. I've been dying it since high-school and array of colors....but I've stuck with blonde for quite a few years now and don't see myself going back anytime soon. I hope it's not grey...but I honestly don't know. My mom doesn't either (apple does not fall far from the tree)...so I really have NOTHING to even potentially consider.

Well, that is all for now! I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little better...and if there is anything else you want to know, just ask! I love hearing from followers, both new and my 'regulars'. Have a great weekend...and if you are anywhere cool please snap a #TeamTeddy picture and send it to me! 


6 comments:

  1. This is a great post!!! I think we all wish we looked like that while we worked! Real life does not equal glamorous life haha! Totally see the resemblance between you and topanga!! crazy haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! You are too sweet, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I've been reading for a while but somehow didn't know half of this. : ) I lived in N. Arlington for six years but my husband and I recently relocated to Charlotte. The DC area is definitely a great place to start & build a career. And I was lucky enough to meet Laura for drinks this fall. She is fabulous! So neat y'all are IRL friends. And that probably explains how I came to find your blog. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great post! Loved learning more about you and I had no idea we lived so close!

    I think it's so amazing you OWN your own place. Mad props to you lady, that's incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great post, lady! Love you to the moon. Xoxoxoxoxoxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea! I don't know my natural hair color either! The beauty business is getting a lot of cash thanks to my highlighting habit.

    ReplyDelete