1.02.2014

2014.

Well, Happy New Year Folks.

Can we stop for one second and talk about how the heck it's January already? 

Where did 2013 go?

Looking back, I think 2013 was only a 'meh' year for me..... other than buying a house, 2013 just didn't do much for me personally. I had a lot of big things in store for myself, none of which really amounted to anything.

I don't like to make 'resolutions'--I don't think they really work for me....so instead I want to implement some focus areas for the new year....things to improve upon and methods/ways to make sure I am changing for the better.


1. Organization. 
I am not a flake, nor can I tolerate people who flake...but I tend to be a bit...how do we put this...disorganized. I say yes to evening plans with someone because they sound fun and forget I already scheduled dinner or something with someone else weeks ago but forgot to write it down....then I am either running around like a crazy lady or plotting how to get from drinks to dinner on other sides of town within 3 hours, which doesn't result in quality time with anyone at the end of the night. I am going back to to-do lists and a written planner/calendar. I tried all-digital last year, and it just didn't work, because if you don't put everything in your phone, then you forget ;) I purchased an Emily Ley's Simplified Planner to help me stay on track this year with everything--appointments, assignments, blogging, the whole nine yards. Time is precious....I need to make the most of the time that I do have instead of wasting it.


2. People Who Really Matter. 
I have a hard time saying no when it comes to people and their events--I pretty much go to every single birthday, shower, bachelorette party, wedding, housewarming party, in-home Jewelry Party, etc. that I am invited to because I want to be there and support my friends. It's expensive, time consuming and requires quite a bit of planning, but I always make an effort to try to be there for almost everything that I can be. I take my friendships very seriously and invest a lot of time and effort into them, but the older I get, the more I realize that is not always a 2-way street. Husbands, babies, and life happens....which is exactly when you realize who really takes the time out of their busy lives to maintain friendships and who doesn't. The people who don't make the time anymore will be getting less of my time this year--it's as simple as that. 

3. Maintain a Healthier Lifestyle and Learn to Love My Body Again. 
Once upon a time I was 30 pounds lighter, spending every minute of my free time in the gym and eating salads at home with no dressing while my friends were going out to dinner and getting cocktails. I felt amazing. I had never been that tiny....but it took every single ounce of my time and energy, so I never was able to get out there and confidently show off my hot new body. I've put on about 15-20 (too afraid to actually weigh myself) of those pounds, and I am not thrilled about it. Contrary to my personal beliefs, Thai is not a food group. I won't be going back to my old routine of 6 days a week in the gym, but I need to establish a solid 3-4 day plan and get back on track with a better diet. Being skinny isn't going to make me happier (I was, and I wasn't that much happier), but there is a size I can healthily maintain with some semblance of a life. My goal is to lose about 10-15 lbs and keep it off. I joined Tone It Up with some girlfriends since my personal trainer who kept me in check went away with my mortgage payments. We are going to keep each other accountable and on track, and even reward ourselves along the way for losing pounds! 

and last, but certainly not least....

4. No More Men With Mixed Signals

This one is pretty self-explanatory. Either you like me and want to be with me or not....it's quite simple. If the answer I receive to this question from this point forward is ever anything other than a ' Yes'...then I am literally cutting you off and moving on. Period. Goodbye. I know this doesn't mean I am automatically going to fall in love this year, but at least I won't be wasting time with men who will never like me, no matter how hard I try.


What are your goals for 2014?


4 comments:

  1. Great goals girlie. I know you can rock em out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you like the Emily Ley planner? I'm back and forth between that one and the Whitney English one but the EL ones aren't available until V-day, which is a bummer. Wishing you a fab 2014, happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY NEW YEAR, girlfriend! 2014 will be a great year for you - I can already feel it! love you to the moon and back! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alex! I just found your blog from the 5 on friday link up! Your resolution of gaining a few pounds after getting lax on your workout is exactly my story too! I spent 6 days a week in the gym and always ate salads with no dressing. I was always cold and constantly hungry! I let lose after I got married and now don't feel too comfortable in my clothes. I am a member of Tone it up as well and hope to lose 15- 20 lbs. Very glad I stumbled across your blog. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete