9.30.2013

Wine Weekend Wrap-Up

Happy Monday loves! Did everyone have a great weekend? I sure did...which means it's time to share some pics.

This weekend I took advantage of the beautiful fall weather here in DC and enjoyed dinner at the Georgetown Waterfront....I haven't seen the fountains lit up in colors but they sure were beautiful!


It really doesn't get better than this. 


And took it easy on Friday because Saturday I went wine tasting with some friends from/associated with work! If you haven't been to Virginia Wine Country you are totally missing out...Virginia makes some of the best wines I have ever tasted (and no I am not saying this because I am from here)...a lot of which you can't get in stores nationwide. When my Aunt comes to town she always orders cases from our favorite local winery. If you are planning a trip, I am lucky to have been to quite a few all over the state and would love to help you plan your trip!

Okay back to the good stuff....like the wine itself.
Cheers!
  

It was a perfect fall day...we hit up 3 wineries....one with WINE SLUSHIES! 

I had never had a wine slushie beforehand....but I will tell you they are amazing. This particular winery doesn't grow their own grapes, but they have wine slushies and make their own brick oven pizza and it's AMAZING!

Below is a group of pics from each of the 3 wineries we were at. The last one had this gorgeous walkway of trees with Christmas lights---it was a mini heaven and I am totally doing this when I get my own backyard.


But...it was Puppy adoption day at the first winery! Let me tell you, if I had just a few more wine slushies I would have brought home Darlene...the super cute mutt puppy I cuddled with for at least a hour--probably more. She even fell asleep on me! 

I really wanted to take her home, but then I had flashbacks to dogsitting a couple weeks ago and decided it was best for Darlene and myself that we part ways before it got too serious. Seriously...there were puppies everywhere.

And cupcakes. 
And Jewelry.
Talk about the best day ever.


I also found my future house nestled in the middle of Virginia Wine Country....I think I can get all my crap to fit in here....and I can WALK to the winery!


Sunday I actually went to the grocery store for the first time in I can't even remember....and decided to jump on the fall bandwagon by purchasing everything pumpkin I can get my hands on...like Pumpkin Granola, Dunkin K Cups, bread mix, cream cheese (it's amazing, I promise) and then I threw in a can of pumpkin because who the heck knows what else I may decide to pumpkin-ize.




...and since some people don't believe that I actually went grocery shopping (literally all I had before I went were condiments and 2 pieces of string cheese...) here is my very full fridge. 

Like seriously, I have never ever had this much stuff in my fridge. EVER.


AND....I made lunches for the entire week....#Winning

...this was all before I went to a Sunday Funday brunch with $20 magnum bottles of champagne (aka the big ones...)
If that isn't productive, then I don't know what is.


I don't know about you...but this is shaping up to be the BEST.WEEK.EVER

Homeland
Hockey
&
Scandal

are back!

Yes.Yes.Yes.Yes.Hell Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment