Happy Tuesday/End of Summer (boo)/Back to School Day Everyone!
Hope y'all had a great weekend--mine was fun yet relaxing at home. It was pretty dead around here, but I got some good rays in at the pool and some QT with my friends. If you follow me on Instagram this post is going to be pretty boring...but work with me.
Saturday was the return of college football (THANK GOD!!!)
which also meant the return of this man to my TV screen. All is right in the world when you get to start your Saturday off with Kirk Herbstreit.
I went out with the girls to watch the game, and luckily my beloved Hokies didn't get embarrassed (which is all you can really ask for when playing the #1 team in the country which some think could beat actual NFL teams...) We went to our favorite Hokie bar in town and even got free shirts (whoop whoop!)
Touchdown Hokies!
After a couple libations, I looked over at my friends and saw them clad in Orange talking about lord only knows what...but how mean girls does this look? It's like 'On Saturdays We Wear Orange..."
Sunday Morning I headed back to my old stomping grounds where my former roomie hosted a lovely brunch for us ladies who were still in town...she made a delicious fritatta and even though I am not sure what it is, it was REALLY good. I mean you can't beat this tablescape.
And of course...no brunch turned Sunday Funday is complete without some Cards Against Humanity and 7 bottles of Champagne.
Supervising the Champagne Refill run. Clearly I had enough to drink by this point.
Monday I did a little home shopping and came home with this Flying Pig. Her name is Gracie and she now resides on my bookshelf. And I think I am in love with her.
I also FINALLY got a full-length mirror in my bedroom.
(Hallelujah--no more selfies in my bathroom mirror!)
(Holy cow my bed is a HOT MESS)
Which means I can now bring you pics like this....today's OOTD.
(again with the sheets....looks like I am going to have to start making my bed...)
Dress: Loft (old)/ Cardigan: J.Crew Factory (old)
Shoes: J Simps (super old)/Necklace: I forgot.
I guess it's really time to admit that Summer is over because the Pumpkin Spice Latte is back. I love those things as much as the next blogging gal, but I really am not ready for summer to be over. I just love the warm weather.
But..... a Swarovski Crystal Tumbler would make that whole transition to fall a whole lot more glamorous don't you think?
I am pretty sure nobody in their right mind (except for maybe like, Paris Hilton) is going to pay $150 for a COFFEE MUG so hopefully they will go on sale for like, $20 in a couple months?
#keepdreaming
I hope y'all had a GREAT weekend and an even better day!







Where is that awesome mirror from??
ReplyDelete