9.24.2013

Where Are All The Date-able Men?

Alright ladies....it's time for a serious conversation....

What the f#&$ happened to all the date-able men?

Maybe it's from all the bad dates, guys who don't return calls, or all the Facebook status changes/engagement sessions/wedding albums/sonogram pictures...but seriously...if you are a single guy looking to date a girl...where are you?




Long gone are the days of the good old fashioned dates.....those of us single gals who do it regularly will vouch for me when I say this.

Dating in 2013 blows.
A big one.

A lot of my married friends like to tell me my standards are too high.

 Really?

I don't think it's much to ask the following:

Call me to ask me on a date
You text your booty calls and your bros...you can call to ask me out. Plus, chances of me saying no if you have the balls to call is basically 0%. I realize texting is all the rage, but if you can't talk to me on the phone how the eff are we going to have a face to face conversation?

Put your phone away while we are out.
Those tweets will still be there when dinner is over. You can refresh your newsfeed for hours if you think you really are missing out on something. 
(and yes, I have been on a date where a guy took not one but TWO calls...zero for work)

Don't play games.
Those are for kids. We are adults. If you aren't interested, fine....just tell me. Grow some balls and say you aren't interested in me 'that way'. It happens....but ignoring someone because you don't have the guts to say you didn't feel something is just childish.

Have some definitive plans. 
'We should hang out sometime soon' does nothing for me. This is what an old college hallmate I run into at Trader Joe's for the first time in years says as we are waiting in line to check out. Please define 'soon'. How about telling me when and where you want to go. And my by all means, if you say you want to hang out with me, then actually make plans to do so...otherwise that is just rude.

Show up on time. 
Really, you should be picking me up...but it's 2013, and most old fashioned rules have gone out the door, so I have come to terms with transporting myself to a date....but BE THERE AT THE TIME YOU SET. There is nothing more awkward than me standing around waiting for you. 

Pick the place...and if you don't, don't complain about the one I picked.
The same applies when YOU pick a Tappas restaurant and then delegate the ordering to me...and then say you don't like anything I ordered. 
Oh right, you were on the phone when I asked you if you ate mussels.
(No, I am not making this up....)

Talk about your ex.
Self explanatory.
I thought.

Don't ask me if I want to go home with you.
Because I don't. I want you to respect me and (hopefully) ask me out again.
And if I really want to....it will be obvious.

I really don't think this is so much to ask.

Just some simple courtesies with a side of manners.
For the couple hours we are out.








2 comments:

  1. I could not agree more with this, especially about putting your phone up! If we're out, even if it's just a casual coffee date, the only reason you should even think about touching your phone is if you have a sick relative in the hospital or something. I just don't understand why guys think it's okay for them to act like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These standards definitely aren't too high! They're what every guy should abide by! Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete