8.06.2013

State of the Blog

Recently, I've been thinking a lot about where this blog is going and just exactly what I am doing with it and what I want to accomplish with it. 

Apparently I am not the only one, as one of my fav bloggers Megan noted here as well last week. 

I wish this blog were more successful and popular, but the fact is, it's not....for a variety of reasons...mainly that this blog is just a hobby--it's not my job.  I have a day job that sometimes turns into an evening and weekend job when duty calls. After a long day, sometimes the last thing I want to do is hop back on the computer even though I have a lot to blog about.

I know that things around here have been 'off'...they have in my 'real' life, too...and it certainly reflects on this blog. As one of my best friends pointed out...I didn't even blog about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! 
(To be honest, I didn't really think it was that great this year....which is why I never mentioned it)

I also don't live my life with the mentality of 'I want to do this for my blog!' I used to....but I decided it was more fun to just live in the moment and hope that blog content stems from it. Turns out that is not the case...at least right now. I know I don't post frequently enough, and I need to work on this.


I have a lot of insecurities about my blog against others....my grammar is pretty terrible (noted multiple times...), I don't have a fancy camera and/or someone to take pictures of me in outfits in, and I struggle with wanting to maintain some sense of privacy--just exactly how much do I want to put out there?




So...

I've come up with some goals to help me refocus on what I am trying to get at here.

1. Get a grammar lesson from the BFF. She's a former English teacher turned SAHM...I think between the wine drinking and baby cuddling we can find some time for a crash course in proper grammar.

2. Acquire and learn how to use Adobe Creative....you know, so I don't have to call Laura in distress every time I screw something up. 

3. Plan posts ahead of time. Hopefully, this will help me organize my thoughts and alleviate some of the stresses of always needing something to blog about. If I have something fun coming up on my calendar, I can plan to blog about it a couple days later.

4. Actively comment on other blogs. I read a LOT of blogs. EVERY DAY. But I rarely comment on them.....this needs to change.

5. Decide how active and transparent I want to be on social media and stick with it. This is where the whole privacy thing comes in--do I really want you to know what I am doing and where I am all the time? Further more...do you even care?

I've got a lot to think about and work on, but I want to thank you all for sticking with me and I would love input! Is there something you like you want to see more of? Did I do something beforehand you really liked I haven't done in a while? Let me know :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment