8.22.2013

What I've Been Up To (In a bunch of selfies....)

If you follow me on Instagram (yes, my profile is private, but I will accept you if I know you are a follower!), then this post probably isn't very fun...but if you don't then this may come as a bit of a surprise. 

This Saturday, I picked up some of that Gold Polka-Dot burlap that is all over Pinterest from Joann's. I had to venture out to the suburbs, but everything is in stock out there, so it is all good. The stuff is SUPER cute, but pricey. It's about 6x the price of regular burlap. 
(this pic is filtered...it's def brighter in person)


Anywho...what did I do with it you ask? I wrapped the inserts in my dresser with it! 


I love the hint of metallic and pattern it adds to my all-white dresser.
The project took about 10 minutes total--popped the glass out, wrapped it with the burlap, attached burlap with painter's tape (won't leave marks and it was on hand...) and popped them back in.
Viola!

What do you think?

  I got 3 dresses from the Lilly Endless Summer Sale and they are a-mazing! 

(way brighter in person than online...)



and the Delisa Dress
(Also known as the best dress on the planet)
Yes, it matches my phone case and I've already told my Mom and my BFF that I want to be buried in it.


The floral storage bench from Target I blogged about here finally came in and she is a beauty! Once the contractor gets done fixing my wall (long story...) she will have a permanent home NOT on the rug with the clashing pattern.


Apparently people like to see what I am wearing....so I will show you since that is what you want. I have not mastered the whole selfie-in-the-work-bathroom-mirror thing just yet, so please deal with my poor photography...which reminds me I really need to find a full-length mirror for my bedroom so I can do these ANYWHERE but the work bathroom.

Top: Anthropologie (can't find a link but it was recent!)/Skirt: JCrew (old)/Shoes: Enzo Angolini

Yes, I've finally found a peplum top that doesn't make me look rediculous (although this one looked way better in person than in this horrible photo--yikes!)


So there you have it....crafting, shopping and working.

Sums up my life pretty accurately.

No comments:

Post a Comment