2.11.2013

Grammy Weekend Update

Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a great weekend:) Let's do a little Weekend Update Link up :)





I decided that this weekend's pictures will be aided by our friends at Moet Rose with their pink photo booth (mentioned here a couple weeks back)...because the only thing better than Instagram is  Instagram with a pink filter! 

Some girlfriends and I enjoyed the lovely weather and went on a hike (more like a walk on rocks....) with our mascot Stuart! He was the cutest dog and LOVED being off the leash in the open field! 
(sidenote: the guy who took this picture was a very nice older gentleman who looked like we put a newborn baby in his hands when we handed him the iphone...he had NO idea how to use one. I think he did pretty good!)



I also discovered 100 Calorie Mini Ice Cream Cones at Target. They are every bit as good as they sound, and YES the cone is lined in chocolate and there is a clump of it at the bottom. I was worried in order to make it under 100 cals, that would surely have to go but TARGET IS THE BEST PLACE ON EARTH AND THEY WOULD NEVER SHATTER YOUR DREAMS.

Run to your nearest Target and look for this box. You don't be disappointed. I promise!



On Saturday night, I treated some of the ladies to the Caps-Panthers game :) 



And of course Sunday was Grammy day. Red Carpet + Show. (with a quick catch-up with a friend and a small work crisis during red carpet interviews....grrrrrrrr)

I am going to miss awards season. 

Let's start with Carrie, because let's be honest, she's my favorite celebrity on the FACE OF THIS EARTH. The dress is gorgeous and what female wouldn't love $31 million necklace (even if it's borrowed....) but I have 2 complaints here:

1) she has a rocking hard body (hello, have you seen her legs?!?) and I think this dress covers it up too much.
2) WHY ISN'T SHE WEARING EARRINGS? Just a pair of studs for a little shimmer. I HATE bare ear lobes.



Beyonce is Beyonce therefore she can do no wrong. Not my favorite look of hers, but it works. Lord knows if I were wearing that....well flat out, I could NEVER wear that.


I thought Rhianna looked hungry but gorgeous. Her hair (yes, I realize it's more like 'hair') looked amazing, but she's croaching on Kate Middleton too-thin territory. Perhaps she would like to go out for a burger sometime? 
(Chris IS NOT invited Riri...)


Tim and Faith also look hungry. I would gladly dine with them as well. But, if I look like Faith at her age (minus the braces...girlfriend you have the money for invisalign, veneers, etc GET RID OF THE BRACES!) I will be VERY HAPPY with my life.



I hate to admit that I thought Taylor was one of the best dressed. Her dress and makeup are gorgeous. Now, if she would just grow up......


My two favorite performances were:

Carrie (duh). I know ppl thought the dress was weird (it was certainly different) BUT....think of all the money she saved by not buying 7 different dresses 

AND

She did something like this at the first concert of hers I went to so it didn't totally surprise me. (of course I took a picture but can't find it...) At the concert she was standing in something that looked like a light bright in the shape of a giant ball gown skirt....and you probably don't care about the details. I thought it was cool and a good way to get people talking about her SO....mission accomplished.



I also LOVED JT's performance. Not the biggest fan of the radio version of his song, but I loved the performance and I REALLY liked the remix for the Bud Light platinum commercial.
JT-PLEASE release that version on iTunes!


Overall, I was a fan of the show. The Grammy's are one of my favorite awards show because I am not a big TV/movie person but I do love music. 

Now...I MUST locate my iTunes gift card before I go on a downloading spree tonight.

Hope y'all had a great weekend! If you are new, thanks for stopping by and please let me know what you think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment