2.04.2013

Weekend Update: Beyonce Bowl

Goooooooood Morning Lovelies!
Hope you had a great weekend :)

Happy February (WTF?!?).....and a not-so-happy no frivolous spending month to me.
(February is the shortest month of the year....there is a method to my madness.....)
I hope I can keep you entertained without having anything new and fun to talk about....shoot I can barely shop online without having a meltdown. (I think that's a sign....)

Before we get to the Beyonce Bowl...I have a recap of my weekend in a few short pictures.

One of my dearest friends Emily (it can be confusing there are like 12 Emily's....not the one who had a baby Sunday!) came up for the weekend to play. When Emily comes, there is always a lot of coffee drinking. This latte was one of many consumed throughout the weekend. 



....and lots of kissy-faces, faux fur and photo bombing.
(Just another day in the life....)


Confession: On Sunday, there was absolutely no long-run...just the intentions of one. (Hello scheduled post!) There was only brunch and a long nap....


We also had a surprise brunch for my BFF Torey who is having a baby boy in just a few short weeks :) I magically pulled off the surprise ( I am NOT good at keeping secrets and was in charge of transporting the Momma-to-be to the shindig.....) but forgot my camera so I don't have any pics to post. Anyways, I am sorry we never actually got a pedicure Saturday but we can go again soon;)


A couple thoughts on Superbowl Sunday
(or as I like to refer to it...Beyonce Bowl Sunday)

1. Whoever invented the Puppy Bowl is a freaking genius. I hope they a) have received a huge raise and b) trademarked the hell out of that shit so they  get royalty payments. I wanted to adopt every single puppy.



Also, the Puppy Bowl is a great Hangover Cure.

2. Beyonce was EVERYTHING. 
She isn't just a great role model for young girls and quite possibly one of the most influential women in the world right now....she is damn talented.


I legit had tears in my eyes when Destiny's Child came on. 
(I knew they were going to make a promo)
I just wish they played Bugaboo....but I'll take Independent Woman (and perhaps make it my life theme song....) 


3. I am absolutely getting tix to the Mrs. Carter tour.

That's pretty much all I have for you today.....just a low-key weekend with some of my favorite people :)

I leave you with some wise words Emily left on my recently completed DIY glitter-edged chalkboard....
(post on that later....)


If you are stopping by from the Weekend Update Link-Up, welcome! 


No comments:

Post a Comment