10.25.2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

Happy Thursday Lovelies! Yes, I realize it's Thursday....and I am just now getting to my weekend re-cap BUT when your camera stinks it takes a while to get everyone to upload pics and steal them off Facebook :) (Thank you in advance to Felice and Torey for all of your pics!) This past weekend was a BLAST...on Friday, my BFF's MIL (who I have known since I was 14) turned the big 6-0, DryBar opened in DC, and Katie got married! To cap off the weekend, my Dad turned the big 6-0 on Sunday, but his party in in a few weeks so more on his bash later in November.

Here I am with the birthday girl...if I look this good at 60, things are looking up! She just got a job at Nordstrom, too;) Nothing like kicking off your 60s with a bang!
1-3

Here I am with the bestie and my god-dog Sterling....5 months preggo and looking amazing!

Photobucket

Sterling was getting no attention, so naturally Auntie Alex gave her plenty :)

Photobucket

Saturday AM....heading to DryBar with the top down and some Dunkin coffee in hand :)
(Very necessary after a few too many budlights the night before.....)

Photobucket

Thank goodness for this bright yellow blow-dryer so we know where the place was.....

Photobucket

Y'all...I can't even explain how awesome DryBar is...it's like my dream living room. White, grey and mirrors. And bottomless Champagne. That's right....it's free....and never-ending!


Photobucket


Honestly, the staff couldn't have been nicer. We got the meet the owner Allie, and were even interviewed for the Washington Post! There were tons of magazines to choose from to indulge in while getting our hair did, as well as snacks and lots of champagne! As you can see in the last picture, Felice had to get double teamed by the manager, because we were 2 hours into our 45 minute appointments, her hair was STILL wet (yes....it's THAT thick)...and the wedding was starting in 45 mins! Aaaahhh----we still had to get home and change.

I got the 'Southern Comfort' and Felice got the 'Mai Thai'....and I still can't believe she curled my hair with a rolling brush and a blow dryer....VERY LITTLE curling iron was used. Amazingggggggggg.

Photobucket

One quick trip home and 10 minutes to throw on a dress and makeup....we were at the church and ready to go! It was a beautiful day to get married. How amazing does my friend Mana look on the right here? She just had a baby 8 months ago, also....not fair!  


Photobucket

Now it's time for wedding photos galore....
(none of which I took....thank you Torey and Felice)

Too crowded in our pew so I dashed over to the other side....I LOVE WEDDINGS!

Photobucket

If you leave us your camera to take pics while you are walking down the aisle (ahem, Torey) we will take rando pics like this while waiting for the wedding to start.

Photobucket

The GORGEOUS bride! Absolute perfection. If I could look like anyone on my wedding day, Katie def. wins the award.

Photobucket

The new Mr. and Mrs. Devlin on the way to the reception!

Photobucket

My date and I with the beautiful bride.

Photobucket

Bride and her mom--she looked amazing and is the nicest woman!

Photobucket

High School besties! It was so great to see everyone....and so crazy how far we have come :)

5-3 Congrats again to Katie & Dan! Your wedding was SUCH a blast and I am so happy for you:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment