10.11.2012

It's OK Thursday and Other Musings

Happy Thursday. My deepest apologies for the lack of posts (again).....I have been adjusting to the new job, commute, etc. I currently don't have a stable internet connection at work either(need to get cleared first....) which makes life just annoying. Anyways, enough with the excuses let's catch up on life and what-not.


 If you have not tried the Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin Coffee, you are seriously missing out. Unfortunately, DD is kinda inconvenient to get to around here....so I usually have to settle for weekends and days I am working at home, but it's so worth the drive. I am going to pick up a pack of KCups this weekend after discovering a Keurig in the new office so I can enjoy this goodness every morning :)


We all know my obsession with office supplies runs deep, but this one I just have to share. I resisted the urge to invest in a set of Papermate Flair Felt-Tip Pens for over a year...but during shameful run to Staples last week I discovered they were half-off. Since I love a good sale, I went for it....and I completely understand all the hype. They write so smoothly and come in a great array of colors. 

  

GO SEE PITCH PERFECT! 
I went  last night with some girlfriends and I was cracking up the entire time! The movie is full of great one-liners, the singing is awesome, and the characters are likable and hilarious. I promise you won't be disappointed.


Did you see Nashville last night?I caught the first episode with the roomies after coming home from the movie and I am HOOKED! I think Hayden's character is a little tramp and I don't particularly like her, but I am intrigued to see how it plays out.  Also, who doesn't want to grow and be be Connie Britton?!?! LOVE HER! Finally, a show that isn't on Bravo that I will be watching :)


And last, but certainly not least....I am dipping out of work early today to go cheer on my beloved Nationals this afternoon! If they lose this game, they are out of the playoffs so this is a MUST-WIN situation. It's their first trip to the playoffs and teams from DC rarely make the playoffs :(

 I JUST WANT A SPORTS TEAM IN THIS CITY TO WIN! 

Major Natitude all day around here. 


Alright...let's get to the good stuff....another It's OK Thursday! 

Its Ok Thursdays
IT'S OK....

...to leave work early to go to a baseball game :) As my new (super-cool) boss said 'Please go enjoy things I can no longer do because I have a child that needs to be picked up from daycare'....you don't have to ask me twice!

...to have a slight obsession with puffer vests. Thank you Old Navy for cheap vests in cute colors. (I love the JCrew ones, but LBH--I just bought a car and one day want a Condo....SO gotta make cuts where I can)

...to use Twitter to tell Nordstrom that their Bobbi Brown counter at my local store BLOWS. I don't want help from a MAC person when I wear Bobbi Brown. (In case you are wondering, it totally worked. The store manager and I are BFFs...)

...to be the bag lady on the metro. Look people--I have to carry a computer EVERYWHERE I go. I am also a girl, so I need a purse and I need to lose weight and save money, so I need to pack a lunch, too. Oh...and commuting in heels? Forget it. #toomanybags

...to be slightly short on cash when ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS HAVE BIRTHDAYS IN THE MONTH OF OCTOBER! Oy...this month is killer on the credit card...on the plus side I am just racking up points towards those miles! 

...to  still resist wearing tights to work. It's like 60ish outside at the warmest, and I work indoors in a fairly warm office. I am just not ready to commit to tights every day yet.

...to still get rides from my dad to make life easier. I need to get downtown today right around the time he will be passing my house, why would I NOT catch a ride with him?

...to wonder what the you-know-what is going through Teresa Guidice's head....on a regular basis. Like WTF?

...to have to get your boots stretched EVERY fall. I don't think my calves LOOK that big but apparently they are. Who really wants to go into a store and ask for 'Wide Shaft Boots?'

...to pin a bunch of recipes with no intention of ever making them. Maybe one day when I am a trophy wife (doubtful) and inherit some cooking skills....


Hope everyone has a great day and

LET'S GO NATS!

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the link-up. I am also the bag lady when I'm on the train/bus! I carry my entire life with me too lol.

    And I totally feel you on all friends having birthdays in October. But the miles on the credit cards are a huge perk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum that coffee sounds amazing, a must try!

    Have a great day! Stop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com & say hello!

    ReplyDelete