3.30.2012

Bahama Babe

Now that the Birthday is over it's time to re-focus on the next exciting/important thing coming up:

Vacation in the Bahamas.


I am going with my family and some family friends who have children the same age as my sister and I......we have 3 booze cruises scheduled and I plan on doing NOTHING but laying poolsize/boatside and working on pinking up my porcelain skin. Before that happens, I need to work on procuring some beach essentials to become the ideal Bahama Babe.
(FYI: I am a chronic over-packer....)

1. Perfect Poolside floppy hat

This black and tan straw hat is a must. I already have a really cute plain tan one, but this one is super cute and I think 2 floppy hats for 5 days is allowable....right?


2. Cover-Ups.

Let's be honest, at this age, you can't just walk around the resort in a pair of shorts. Plus, cover ups and hats look great together when you pair it right. I have my eye on a few....

This eyelet TB one is adorable ...but at this price it ain't happening. No way am I spending THAT on a cover up. Hopefully Target or Macy's can come through with something comparable and considerably cheaper.


One shoulder romper with ruffles? ABSOLUTELY. In the bag, going to checkout after I hit 'publish'. Sooo cute.

I also love this tunic, but I think I can get something that looks identical at Target for half the price. Clearly Target and I will be BFFs this weekend.


And maybe a belted one? This looks like it could double as a dress to....I am all about dual purposing!
Does anyone know of anywhere other than Vicki's where you can get cute cover-ups that are reasonably priced?


And since I have porcelain skin....it's time to fake it 'till I (attempt to) make it. Gradual tanning lotions.

Let's be honest.....I will spend 8 hours a day all day in the sun on this vacation and IF I am lucky and don't burn to pieces and get t-shirted (you know it happened to you as a kid all the time...) I will come home 1 shade of pink lighter and it will fade in 4 days. Most people will probably think that I just took a week off and hung around town.

Le sigh...therefore I spray tan. And apply self-tanner on top. Right now, I am leaning towards the St. Tropez line of gradual tanners that get GREAT reviews.

I currently use the Jergens line, but I have found that it gets very streaky around the ankles and other areas where one tends to start/end applying lotion. I would like to think I am fairly competent at applying this stuff, so I have to ask....does anyone else have this issue? They have a new version of their lotion out that has SPF in it, which is always a plus. It's also like 1/4 of the price of the St. Tropez lotion, too.

Shopping for beach wear is the perfect rainy-weekend activity, right?!?!

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Great picks! I can't wait for summer. You're so lucky to take a fabulous trip! Hope you get a chance to come by and check out my new blog look! Have a great day darling! Kori xoxo

    www.blondeepisodes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please, pretty please with a cherry on top take me with you.... :)
    I lived in the Bahamas last summer and have pretty much been in withdrawel mode ever since.

    Boozecruises....can't think of anything more fun.
    I need to plan a tropical vacay ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex - the black tunic-style one you have listed from Victoria's secret is WAY better than the Target one. I bought (and lost) the one from VS and replaced it with the Target one and I was really disappointed. The Target one had way too much fabric and was much heavier. Get the VS one, you'll be much happier.

    And if you get that belted one let me know how it fits, I kind of might get that one...

    ReplyDelete