Holy blog neglect! I am so sorry-things are just insane in the world of Alex these days. I am taking a quick mental break for a blog post :)
Okay y'all...I have a problem (just add it to the list.....)...I am addicted to the Martha Stewart office supply line. Ever since I saw a glimpse of it online and realized it's beautiful, functional, chic and comes in beautiful white and teal colors, I knew that was the beginning of the end.
Since there is nothing left to re-do in my life after my organizing binge (although a few blogs later I have realized I have just hit the tip of the iceberg in terms of this organizing business.....sheesh!) I decided it was time for my drab cube to get a faceclift. What better than the expert Martha herself to help me out? In order for my mission to be accomplished...I would need the following: (anyone who knows me knows that not only do I have a plethora of cute office supplies already in my house, but I have an endless supply of free but kinda boring ones in the office so this is really just me on one of my adventures....)
Folder Bands (literally never would have thought of these but they are genius...if you are like me and take a ton of stuff home in your bag that also holds shoes, lunch, etc. these are great)
and more Post-It notes. A girl can NEVER have too many.all images via
Then I finally found a Staples that carried the line and I knew it was all over........how can you resist all the beautiful colors?!?
I made sure I got to work a little early so I could put-it all together before my co-workers came in and started harassing me for my ridiculousness. (I have a tendency to re-organize like every other week and they are always making fun of me......)
These folders hold a TON of papers (they already have way more stuff in them now then they did when I snapped this picture) and everyone is always commenting on how cute my cube is. Confession: When I went back to Staples for the next project below, I also picked up the matching pencil cup. The drawer organizer doesn't come in teal, but once it does I am rushing over there and bringing it into the office ASAP. And, for that it's worth, everyone who walks by asks me where I got all this stuff from, so I think it's working:)
THEN I decided why just limit it to my office, since I can only do so much in there anyways? I have a slight mail situation (somehow I get TONS of mail...anyone else out there?) and need a way to organize it that doesn't involve it just sitting on my dresser.......so BACK to Staples I went.
Came home with a mini pocket and another single pocket for the inside of my closet door also known as my new mail station....
And put some of those adorable Chalkboard labels to work!
..and a big one for bills and things that need to get taken care of!
(The folder back there protects my invitations for the scrapbook)
The best part is, while I was shopping (the second time) I got a phone call from Emily....the first thing out of her mouth was "I think I have a problem...I am starting home organization projects just to get Martha Stewart office supplies....." We both busted out laughing when I told her not only do I have the same problem, but I was BACK at Staples for Part 2. Oy.
What else am I up to you ask? Well...stay tuned...pretty soon this gal will have the cutest cube on the block (once I convince my ultra hip cube mate that my Lilly Pulitzer magnet board will provide more than bright colors to the space....)
.
What else am I up to you ask? Well...stay tuned...pretty soon this gal will have the cutest cube on the block (once I convince my ultra hip cube mate that my Lilly Pulitzer magnet board will provide more than bright colors to the space....)
.








Ohhh boy, googling the chalkboard labels asap. So cute!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this stuff! I wish I could completely re do my cube, but I don't really have walls or something.
ReplyDelete