Starting now, birthday posts are a tradition. I did one last year and looking back and reading it brought back a lot of feelings-and some that are still around.
Twenty-Seven.
At what point do you just start saying you are in your twenties?
I kid. (sort of…..)
It’s funny how fast the years fly by these days, but when you stop to think about what happened over the past year….it seemed like those things happened so.long.ago. I am exactly where I want to and should be, but nowhere near where I thought I would be at this age all at once.
This year, I learned a lot about myself. I tackled some of my insecurities head-on and am more aware and accepting of myself than ever before. My value will not be measured by numbers on a scale. It will never be measured by the amount of money I make or the number of days I can stay in a relationship. (Thank god) Nor will it be measured in pairs of shoes or what people think of my outfits. It will be measured by the opportunities I am given in this lifetime and what I make of them. Period.
I also think I am starting to figure this whole “life” thing out……You work your tail off, you bitch about all the things in life you want but can’t have, you work your tail off some more, see people getting things you want but can’t have, get back to working your tail off, and if you are lucky you get out alive and realize that one day you CAN get all those things once you stop expecting them to come to you without working for them. When things get really hard, you call your mom to make sure you aren’t crazy. Then…you get over it and get back to work.
I am beyond humbled when I think about all the blessings in my life.
Unconditional love from family and friends.
The house I put over my head all by myself. ….and all the memories that I have in it.
The career that has taught me that if you work hard enough for something…..it will happen in due time.
My mentors, both at and outside of work who took the time to coach me through my professional slump.
The car I can actually still afford to put gas into….for now.
And all of the other extras that come along the way :)
To all of you out there (you know who you are…..) who make my life brighter…thank you. I wouldn't be the woman I am without each and every one of you. I can't thank you enough.
For everything.
Cheers to another fabulous year! (Age isn't anything but a number, right?!?!)
XoXo
At what point do you just start saying you are in your twenties?
I kid. (sort of…..)
It’s funny how fast the years fly by these days, but when you stop to think about what happened over the past year….it seemed like those things happened so.long.ago. I am exactly where I want to and should be, but nowhere near where I thought I would be at this age all at once.
This year, I learned a lot about myself. I tackled some of my insecurities head-on and am more aware and accepting of myself than ever before. My value will not be measured by numbers on a scale. It will never be measured by the amount of money I make or the number of days I can stay in a relationship. (Thank god) Nor will it be measured in pairs of shoes or what people think of my outfits. It will be measured by the opportunities I am given in this lifetime and what I make of them. Period.
I also think I am starting to figure this whole “life” thing out……You work your tail off, you bitch about all the things in life you want but can’t have, you work your tail off some more, see people getting things you want but can’t have, get back to working your tail off, and if you are lucky you get out alive and realize that one day you CAN get all those things once you stop expecting them to come to you without working for them. When things get really hard, you call your mom to make sure you aren’t crazy. Then…you get over it and get back to work.
I am beyond humbled when I think about all the blessings in my life.
Unconditional love from family and friends.
The house I put over my head all by myself. ….and all the memories that I have in it.
The career that has taught me that if you work hard enough for something…..it will happen in due time.
My mentors, both at and outside of work who took the time to coach me through my professional slump.
The car I can actually still afford to put gas into….for now.
And all of the other extras that come along the way :)
To all of you out there (you know who you are…..) who make my life brighter…thank you. I wouldn't be the woman I am without each and every one of you. I can't thank you enough.
For everything.
Cheers to another fabulous year! (Age isn't anything but a number, right?!?!)
XoXo







HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Hope you can stop by and say hi sometime honey! Today's post is all about Mad Men fashion! Kori xoxo
ReplyDeletewww.blondeepisodes.com