9.08.2011

Super Easy Chicken Soulvaki Pita Pockets

Hello Lovelies! I hope most of you are not stuck with this awful, nasty, rainy weather. It really makes me lazy. I mean who wants to go out when it's pouring buckets of water outside? Anywho, last night I had my good friend S over for dinner, and made chicken soulvaki. The recipe was SO easy (and healthy!) I HAD to share it with you all.

What you will need:

3-4 Chicken Breasts (depending on how many you are feeding)
1/2 Red Onion (chopped into long pieces)
3/4 Cup Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon Dried Oregno
1 Tablespoon Fresh Ground Pepper

Directions:

Cut chicken into pieces and place into plastic bag. Dump all other ingredients into plastic bag. Shake. Refrigerate for 35 mins-hour. Place in baking dish and cook at 375 for approx 15-20 mins. (Chicken will cook faster since it is cut into bite size pieces!)

While chicken is cooking, prepare garnishes. I used lettuce, tomato, raw red onion, olives and Trader Joe's Tzatziki sauce (seriously, the stuff is SO good and cheap, there's no point in making your own, plus it's lowfat!)

When chicken is done, microwave pitas (Whole Wheat in this house!) for 20 seconds to warm, cut in half and stuff away!

If you want to cut the carbs, just ditch the pita and make a salad.

EASY PEASY.
(my kinda cooking!)



(this is def. not the pic of my dish, I totally forgot to snap pics last night!)




No comments:

Post a Comment