9.06.2011

Bachelorette Parties, Hurricanes, Evacuations and Other Foolishness (Such is the story of my life....)

Oh Hurricane Irene - you b*%$#. You ruined EmB's bachelorette party and exhausted me to the point where I was too tired to post these pictures until now - 10 days after we LEFT for the beach.

Long story short: EmB's bachelorette bonanza was scheduled for the last weekend in August in Dewey Beach. We had a whirlwind 17 hour adventure to the Delaware Shore - arrive, unpack, drink, receive evacuation notice, pack, continue drinking, go out, evacuate back to DC.

We all had a blast anyways - because as they always say, it's not where you are but who you are with. Plus, in 20 years we will most likely be talking about the time when we went to the beach convincing ourselves there was no hurricane only to get evacuated 17 hours later.

Le Bachelorette with her Kate Middleton-esque sombrero fascinator...essential for any fiesta-themed Bach. party!


We Tye-Dyed!

....still at the beach (but not for longggggg)

evacuation dance party


...and we're out!

17 hours later we are back at home and touring this great city on Segways!


....14 girls on Segways in matching tie-dye shirts are quite the hit! We were very popular with everyone!
Cronies hit the town. A little evacuation won't stop us!

Love you gals!
Saturday night (aka Irene's "landfall" in DC) we turned dear Margo's home into Bachelorette headquarters. We stuck with the bright dress theme and didn't miss a beat!
Happy Bachelorette EmB! I am so sorry the whole beach situation didn't work out, but none the less it was a blast and def. unforgettable!

(Note: I have no idea why some of my captions are bright blue, but I am far too lazy to do anything about it. Sorrry I'm Not Sorry?)

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous girls! It looks like you all had a blast! Have a fabulous night darling. Hope you can enter my giveaway!

    http://www.blondeepisodes.com/2011/09/great-news-its-back-to-school-giveaway.html

    Kori xoxo

    ReplyDelete