2.15.2010

Will You be My Valentine?

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I FINALLY made it out to my parents house (I have been trying to see them for WEEKS...stupid snow!) and a lil surprise--my sister was in town for a few days too! Clearly my mom was missing me because she made me crab legs, fondue, chocolate cupcakes AND a fruit tart (in the shape of a heart DUH) for Valentines Day. On Sunday we went to the ballet to see Sleeping Beauty, and I must say it was the most incredible ballet I have been to so far this season, and that is saying a lot because Romeo and Juliet in January was fantastic as well. In addition to the great company, there were so many little girls there with their moms and grandmothers...it was SO cute! My mom and I usually go on Thursday nights after work, where there are not too many kids, and she reassured me that my daughter (keep holding your breath mom....) will be joining us at the ballet when she is old enough. Going to the ballet with my mom is one of my favorite things that I get to do, I am so lucky that she treats me to a full season every year. I mean who doesn't love to have girls night with your mom 8 nights a year?!?! If you ever get the opportunity to see a Ballet at the Kennedy Center--do it. I promise it is worth it.

Parents make the best Valentines I swear. Apparently they don't love me that much though (KIDDING!), because despite my best efforts (posting on my blog AND forwarding the email to my mom from Lilly herself...) I did not get the Lilly scarf :( Oh well--my birthday isn't too far away, and you betcha that baby will be re-appearing somewhere in my mom's inbox.

An update on my quest for those SUPER cute Canada mittens.......Yes, I realize I am not Canadian and I DO NOT CARE....they are adorable and I want a pair, and anyone who knows me knows I will go to GREAT lengths to get what I want. I have an old college acquaintance who is AT the Olympics (jealous) and I have informed her I am ready to bargain for a pair (you know in case she has about 50 pairs to give to friends?!?!) anddddd one of my co-workers picked up a few pairs at the Canadian Embassy Olympic Kick-Off Party, and may have an extra. Who knew they had some there--I will be investigating this tomorrow. Of course I have informed said co-worker that I am DYING for a pair, and they may have an extra. So, things are looking good! Pray someone comes through for me!

Also, shout out to my two fab friends who sent me Valentines--Jamie sent me a super cute card with an Anti-Valentines Day pin I proudly wore (single girl at heart....) AND I got a custom card from Laura's super cute card collection at LWDesigns!

Go Team USA!




No comments:

Post a Comment