One of my New Year's Resolutions was to a) update my blog more often and b) become a funnier blogger. Seeing how it is already February, I clearly am not doing too good of a job with this, but better late than never, correct? I promise I am going to try and step it up.
I will NOT recap everything that happened since my last post, especially since most of the people that actually read this boring blog are with me ALL the time so they already know, but there have been a few highlights:
-Daddy got great news back from the doctor just in time for the Holidays. His treatment appears to have worked according to plan (if you knew my father, you would know this typically doesn't happen) and the doctor is happy with his results. Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou.
-I had the best weekend of my life snowed in with the cronies during the Blizzard. Even though in the beginning I was too hungover to realize how lucky I was, it ended up being a FANTASTIC weekend and not just because Emily got stuck in DC.
-I went to the doctor and am down 18 pounds from last year. Not bad for not dieting or exercising! (another resolution....)
-I got to see my sister and Torey during Christmas break. I never get to see them anymore.
-I got the ENTIRE week between Christmas and NYE off. It was fantastic.
-NYE was epic, mostly due to the inappropriate amounts of grape vodka I consumed. Keep me away from that stuff.
-I slipped on a piece of ice walking to work and sliced open my knee so badly I probably should have went to the ER to get stitches, but I sucked it up and worked all day instead. Now I have a nasty, hard scab and I am sure a bad-ass scar to come. Thankfully, Holly and the boys took great care of me for the first few days, seeing as I apparently was a first aid idiot (this may upset my nurse friends...)
My blog-less life in a nutshell. Of course there have been quite a few happy hours and crazy nights out with the cronies, but that is standard these days.
So now onto more current issues. This week is doppleganger week. For years, I have been told I look like the Veda from the movie 'My Girl' and Topanga from Boy Meets World. What do you think?

Veda
Topanga
I think I looked like Veda as a child, but not so much now.
Apparently we are expecting 10-20 inches of snow in DC this weekend. I do not remember the last time we had this much snow. Do we live in Alaska? And what about Global Warming? Al is going to have a hard time convincing me this winter we are having a problem. Oh well snow=another opportunity to get snowed in with the cronies, and I CAN'T wait! Lolly and I went to Costco to prepare in advance. I should have an epic post soon.
I just have one request, could it please snow on a weekday and/or get me out of work? It appears Arlington County can only plow the streets on the weekdays. A little mid-week blizzard never hurt anyone.
That is all for now. Maybe now that I am back blogging Laura will make me a snazzy new template ;)
I missed y'all!








so glad you're back to blogging! ive missed your blog... but i miss you more! hope to see you very soon!
ReplyDeletewelcome back! love the new facelift! a new look will make you want to blog more!
ReplyDelete