My job is becoming super stressful and unnecessarily strict. I now have to be in an hour earlier, but don't get to leave any earlier. I get ridiculous looks when I answer my cell phone at work or spend too much time chatting with someone and not enough time in front of my computer. I am sorry, I am physically unable to sit in a chair in silence for 9 hours a day....it just is NOT possible. Not to mention that isn't healthy. I am also sorry that I occasinally like to talk to my dad when he calls. The guys I work with go to lunch for an hour, so have decided to go to the gym, but I get reprimanded/dirty looks for being out of the office for too long....WTF. GChat is blocked, and today I received warning about the amount of time I spend on gmail. Sorry I check my personal email a FEW times a day....I also order lunch on demand, book rooms, fix copy machines, plan office parties AND do everyone elses's jobs ALL at the same time. Get off my back. You all might work 12 hours a day, but I can't charge it or get paid for overtime, so I will NOT be working 12 hours a day. I (try to) have a life. I suppose if these are the biggest problems in my life right now, things are probably looking pretty good.
Actually, I think the only highlight of my week was receiving a save the date to a certain friend's wedding on Wednesday--I can't wait to finally get away for some much needed vacation, even if I am spending ALL of it (and all my disposable income) again on weddings. Who knows maybe one day people will be able to take off to come to a wedding of mine.
Anyways enough Debbie Downer out of me. Hopefully I will find something really fun for the Friday Five to cheer me up.







i wouldve rather had a friday five, honestly.
ReplyDeleteyou can come work with me anytime!