So I WAS going to blog during the blizzard, but as most 20-somethings who get stranded in a blizzard, I was too busy drinking (to keep warm of course!) to actually blog about it. Never fear, I am back at home ignoring the Super Bowl to tell you all about the weekend adventures.
Back in December, I got snowed in with the Cronies, and when it was all said and done we were so sad and Lauren declared "This will never happen again!" Well boy was she wrong, as 2 months later we got snowed in yet again! Luckily, my friend Jess shacked up with her boyfriend so I got to use her bed at Stevie's house that is conveniently one block away from Cronie headquarters. Lauren and I went to Costco to stock up on the essentials (BBQ, Bagel Bites, Champagne, Toilet Paper....) on Wednesday before all of Northern Virginia attacked and emptied every shelf in the grocery store.
The snow started on Friday around noon...and didn't let up until Saturday evening. Last I checked, we got about 26 inches...you know just your typical snowfall these days. I wanted to take a picture every hour to document the progress...but I was a lil preoccupied raging with the Gals. There isn't a whole lot to tell--we drank, slept and played in the snow, but I took plenty of pictures for you to enjoy. Now about my car........
Shots to celebrate the storm.
Who doesn't dance on tables when it snows?
Corey got off work, showed up with beer and the party started. Right after this we assaulted the breakfast party at Foy's.
Keeping out beer warm! Unfortunately, we forgot about these beers and they got buried by the time we got back. Whoops.
Standing in the snow after it was all said and done....halfway up my thighs.
It was rather comfortable to sit in the snow and enjoy a beverage.
Cars buried on Sunday after it was all said and done.
Starting to dig out.
On a side note, did you catch that Caps game today?!?!?! OT win against the Penguins...C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS! I must admit, that game was WAY better than the Superbowl.
Hopefully I am working from home tomorrow...so I can go around and take some more pics of all the digging out going on. Goodnight everyone!








that last picture is SO neat!
ReplyDelete