11.05.2012

Weekend Wrap-Up: Carrie Underwood Concert in Charlotte

Warning: Picture OVERLOAD coming up. Grab a drink and get ready....I promise it's worth it! 

As you are probably aware, I went to Charlotte this weekend to see my dear friend Laura. The main event of the weekend was the Carrie Underwood Concert, but there was plenty of girlfriend time in between ;) We decided this weekend the Carrie concert is a new tradition....no boys allowed and floor seats ONLY.

Laura and her hubby just purchased their first house in the Plaza Midwood neighborhood of Charlotte and greeted me on Friday evening with dinner by the Firepit! 


After getting nice and full (and smokey-smelling)....we headed to a local bar for some catch-up time. The outdoor tables had firepits--so awesome! (and something we don't have here in DC....)



The owner of this bar is onto something. All bars should have this sign posted....


We had a strict agenda Saturday....breakfast, shopping, lunch, blowouts, dinner and concert. (Perfect to me!) Laura made this delicious quiche from Southern Living that I am most def. replicating ASAP. As soon as I find the recipe, I will post it. 


There was no shortage of Southern Hospitality at Casa De Wyatt.


While shopping, I stumbled upon this great find. While I did not purchase it on my trip...there is still the possibility I run to Urban Outfitters tonight and rock this shirt tomorrow on election day ;) 




For lunch we headed to Cowfish--a delicious burger and sushi place. Interesting combo, but two of my favorite foods so I am officially hooked. We got the Tuna Nachos which were HEAVENLY. Wait for it: Friend Wontons (as chips), Crab Rangoon Dip, Seared Tuna topped with Guac. I will most likely be replicating these at home until my next visit. 


After lunch, we stopped by a few more boutiques and went for a Blowout. It was no DryBar, but it did the job. Before the concert, Laura's Husband of the Year dropped us off downtown at Vida for some pre-concert Mexican and margaritas. 


Color-coordinated Carrie Fanatics on the way to the concert.


Laura obviously has better luck with Ticketmaster than I do (and therefore will be in charge of getting tickets from now on...) and got us FLOOR seats on the 5th row. Yes, we were high on life.


This blonde was right in front of us....can you guess who?



Suspense over--Emily Maynard was exactly 1 row and 1 person to the right of me. Not sure of the guy she is with (it's allegedly some NASCAR driver)--they were only in their seats for probably 15 mins total the entire concert--people kept bothering her, so I assume she went somewhere where she could actually enjoy the concert.



Here is a video of the opening of the concert. Please ignore Laura and I singing in the background and I can't get the damn thing to center......ignore that, too. 



The rest of the pictures are a combo of mine and Laura's, so if you came from her blog, I apologize for the duplicates.....



....can we talk about those legs?!?!




Stage high above the sky. I love that Carrie tries to interact with her fans who aren't standing right in front of the stage, too. Just because you don't get the good seats doesn't mean you are less of a fan. She sang 3 songs on this stage...and last time ride in a blue pickup truck that went to the back of the arena also!


Again...our seats were unreal....as was her voice. Girlfriend did NOT lip sync and was belting it the WHOLE TIME.


Hunter Hayes came out for a performance. (We were hitting the margs while we was opening....)



 Finale....Blown Away.
(Carrie loves confetti/things blowing around at her concerts)



Bye Carrie! Please come back!


It was one of the best nights on record. We had SUCH a blast and the concert was SO good. I was in the ground that thought her CMA performance wasn't her best....but she more than made up for it Saturday night. I also have about 7 other videos on my phone (got the chorus of all my favorite songs...) but those are too big and take too long to upload.

Unfortunately, I was only able to come in for the weekend because of the new project....but I made sure to gran a Bojangles Snack Box (my first Bojangles experience) in the airport on my way back....because when in Rome....


Hope everyone had a great weekend as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment