I really have no excuse for my blogging (mis)behavior. You know--summer gets busy....weekends get packed...lots of uninteresting things happening...vacation...the next thing you know it's SEPTEMBER? What in the What?
Anyways....here is a not-so-quick recap of just exactly what I have been up to since my last post (holy crap....August 16th!!!!). Warning: This is picture heavy and if you follow me on Instagram, you may be slightly disappointed.
As you all know, I went to Seattle in July for my cousins wedding-turned extended family vacay but didn't quite get around to posting the pics....until now. Get ready!
Seattle Skyline via boat (on a very cloudy day....)

View of the city from 520 feet up! Space Needle at night...breathtaking
Skyline at night Starbucks Corporate Headquarters

Pikes Place Market Original Starbucks!
(the world's best farmer's market) (We went here EVERYDAY!)

I have to admit, I thought Seattle was one of the coolest cities I have ever been to. 72 degrees in DC is surely not 72 degrees in Seattle ;) Everyone was very polite and the city is super green! Yay for recycling!
After 4 days of whirlwind tourism (are you tired yet....) it was off to the mountains for my cousin's wedding. I don't know about you...but this is quite possibly the most beautiful view in the world. There isn't a house in sight! Where I am from we don't grow trees, we cut them down and put houses up!
Sister and I ready for the wedding! (Sorry about the picture sizes...blogger and I just don't seem to get along these days). Fun fact: Doug from the bachelor was a guest. Of course at the time I didn't know it was him, but I kept staring thinking 'I know I recognize this guy...who the heck is he?" Rest assured, my cousin's new husband confirmed at the morning-after brunch Doug from the bachelor was dating one of his childhood friends. No, I don't have a picture...I was too busy tearing up the dance floor!

After the week on the west coast (complete with 14 total hours of flight delays....Southwest I will never fly with you again...) it was back to the office for a few weeks and then one last hurrah at the beach! My friend Ashley's grandparents have a condo RIGHT on the Shore at a beach a couple miles North of Myrtle and she generously invites us up every summer for some F-U-N in the S-U-N.
I literally don't remember the last time I had THAT much Sangria in one (long) weekend.




After a whirl wind ride home....just a breakdown on 95 in the middle of nowhere North Carolina.....2 hours in a sketchy service shop...another breakdown outside of Richmond...1 rental car and 10 hours later......(NOT in my car!) Summer was officially over. :(
But...since I wasn't done YET....I celebrated Labor Day weekend by making my first 'real' big kid purchase and bought myself a new car! I got myself a Volskwagon Eos Convertible and AM.IN.LOVE.
One small issue...it has rained every freaking day since I bought it. Wahhhh. Anyways, her name is Kit and we are BFFs for life.
(Sorry for the grainy night picture...my dad can't use an iphone camera to save his life)

So...anyways...I am alive and kicking...just busy busy busy. I missed y'all..it's good to be back!













No comments:
Post a Comment