I have to admit....I am not exactly 100% on board with fall being here just yet--WHERE THE HECK DID SUMMER GO? I love Summer. LOVE IT. Even I will admit...the humidity and the scorching temps we had this summer were at times too much--so fall is very much welcomed right about now (for the most part). Here are some of my favorite things about fall.
1. The return of College Gameday (namely Kirk Herbstreit).
Nothing like starting your Saturday morning off with a little College Gameday. Fall means the return of College Football....namely my Hokies. Gameday isn't the same with Erin Andrews, but I am learning to adjust. This Sunday....I will be kicking my morning off with some mimosas and some early-morning tailgating...which is the only better way to spend a Saturday morning :)
2. Fall Foliage.
There is nothing better than seeing the leaves turn and autumn all around. Reminds me of Blacksburg :)
.
such a beautiful sight.....
3. Fall Fashion.
Right now, it's that awkward in-between phase--cold in the morning, warm in the afternoon/evening--what the HECK is a girl to wear? I am not just ready to break out the tights yet....BUT the sheer thought of the return of 3a. chunky scarves make me all sorts of giddy inside--now I just need to remember where in the basement I stored mine.....
3b. Brown boots.
Need I say more? My boots are a weekend staple during the fall--comfort AND fashion? The best of both worlds.
and let's not forget about 3c. Faux Fur either. Can't wait to break all of these pieces out from hibernation!
4. All things Pumpkin.
This year will be the last time I go to the pumpkin patch with just the girls--next year we will have a little pumpkin of our own in tow! (Not mine...just mine to spoil and give back to Momma!) One of the best by-products of fall is all of the Pumpkin fun and yummy-ness!
4a. Spiced Cider.
(Yay for Pregnant DDs...trying to figure out a way to get a keg of this stuff in the car this year....)
4b. Pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING!
Even Hershey's Kisses are getting in on the action this year!
Red Mango Pumpkin Spice? Hell yes!
BUT
There is one Pumpkin flavored treat that stands in a class all of its own.....
4c. The Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte.
I literally can't get enough of them.
Not to mention...it's perfect weather for a bunch of cruising with Kit!
(in our chunky scarves and boots of course.....)
What are your favorite things about fall?



















No comments:
Post a Comment