9.21.2012

Friday Five: Best iPhone Essentials

Today's post is all about the iPhone. Yes, I am a nerd and I am not ashamed of it. While I am not camping out overnight to be first in line to get one this morning (duh, my dad kinda offered to go for me...), I am hoping to get one this weekend.....I have, after all, been waiting since June to get a new phone.
If I can't find one without losing my mind this weekend, there will be plenty in stock in a month and I'll just have to wait it out. 


Photobucket
Regardless, every nerdy gadget gal needs stylish accessories to cool things down. I love new electronics--something about them just makes me all happy inside (are you weirded out yet?) 

I also happen to be the person most of my girlfriends come to for the female opinion on electronics....iPads, which phone to get, eReaders, cute phone cases...you name it, I have answered it. Therefore, I am sharing with you.

1. Cases

I think your case can say a lot about you--do you go for convenience (aka what they have at the Verizon store) or do you search for the 'right' case? Are you responsible enough to handle a phone without a case of are you accident prone and need to enclose that thing in a waterproof, shatter-proof box? Here are a few cases for you to consider:


I ordered my case from this etsy vendor earlier this week in a similar pattern. Case-Mate cases are great because they are durable, yet still slim so your phone isn't bulkier from the case.

Photobucket


Adorable case, but it isn't available until December. (I would go through 2 replacements by then...) Also, while Kate Spade has the best case designs, they are also the bulkiest. Not for me.


Photobucket 

Otterboxes are by far the most protective of cases available on the market, but they are also slightly bulky. This is the only way to girlie-up an Otterbox, and I think the idea is genius. There are TONS of monogram, color, and pattern options at Lipstick Shades...but at $70 a case, I couldn't justify the price. Perhaps if you have kids who take your phone, this is a great option. I am hoping I can handle a cheaper, less-protective, but just as stylish option ;)
  Photobucket
2. Earphones

I know Apple gives you a crisp pair of white earbuds (or should I now call them earpods) with your iPhone...but how can you resist these adorable Kate Spade earbuds? They are not just pretty--they are also uber-functional....they have the microphone button on the cord that is CLUTCH for taking calls on the go. Byebye plan Jane Apple earphones :)

Photobucket\
1/2/3


3. Portable Speaker

Take my word for it, there is no portable speaker system like the Bose Sound Dock. I still can't fathom how music can get so loud from this teeny little thing. It is a little pricier than other options, but has the reliable Bose quality and a great warranty. When my first one had the connector dock ripped out of it (Note to self: Keep away from very drunk people.....), they gave me the option to fix mine for a very small fee or upgrade to the newer model for 75% off! (I chose the upgrade because the newer model was portable....) Bose now offers a bluetooth option (warning: it's VERY pricey)--you don't even need to plug you iPhone/iPod into the dock! 


Photobucket

4. iPhone Wallet

Is there a better invention for us single ladies out there? Just throw you phone, ID and Debit card and off you go! No worrying about where your purse is or knocking out others on the dance floor. While these are both iPhone 4 models...I am almost positive an iPhone 5 model will be available shortly :)

Photobucket
1/2

Sidenote: I have recently spotted the MK one at TJMaxx on Super Sale...go get yourself one! 


5. Powerstick

Seriously...this is a cool idea. Are you one of those people who realizes your phone is dead right when you are heading out the door? Then this thing will save your life. Plug the Powerstick into your computer and look at the gauge to charge it up. Take the wall port part of your iphone charger (not the cord) and plug this thing into the USB slot where the cord usually goes....and viola! Your phone is charging while you are socializing.

Genius.






Happy iPhone 5 release Friday friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment