I am having a serious case of blogger-block (which is probably what comes from doing nothing but watching working and watching the Olympics all day and night....), so I asked my dear friend and loyal reader Felice to give me some blog topics...and without hesitation she said "Olympic Fashion....duh".
PERFECT. Fashion (my all-time favorite topic) and the Olympics (my current favorite topic...)...it's like she was in my brain!
All the credit for the idea goes to her....but I did all the research.
Team USA is sporting these grey Nike jackets and neon green shoes shown below with black pants on the medal stand. There are a few brown and navy jacket variations for some of the sports that aren't on TV as much...but for the most part Team USA rocks this look on the podium. (And who DOESN'T like to see an American on the podium?) I am not going to lie...it has taken a while for this look to grow on me....I don't really understand why we are wearing grey, black and neon....what happened to the red, white and blue? It's very edgy and trendy....but not exactly patriotic.
Regardless, both the Fab5 and the world's all-time greatest Olympian both look stellar in grey with a purple ribbon draped around their neck.
(The purple medals are a different topic of discussion for another day)
Best Dressed: Team USA. Hands down.
The medal podium look does nice and neutral behind the American flag.
There are also a few other great sweatshirts in the Nike Team USA collection
The Fab Five is very fond of this grey sweatshirt (obviously they have great taste.
You can shop the entire Nike Team USA collection here. It's insanely expensive...but I see why.
The Ralph Lauren Olympic collection also has some cute and insanely expensive Team USA pieces for sale.
Personally, I would go for this adorable tunic....but it's just a TAD out of my price range. One day my friends, one day.
Don't forget about the pooches! Even your dog can support Team USA!
Best Dressed (tiebreaker?): Team Great Britain.
Team Great Britain's Adidas Uniforms were designed by none other than British designer Stella McCartney. Stella has an Adidas line...so with the Olympics in London, it only made sense to go with the British designer who works with a sporting company who ALSO happens to be the daughter of one of London's most famous musicians who performed at the Opening Ceremony.....
Girlfriend knocked it OUT of the park. (Like she usually does). These uniforms are classic, uniform (for lack of a better word...the whole set is very cohesive throughout all sports.....) and look great on all fabrics and forms. Excellent look for the host country.
The #1 piece hands down from the collection is the women's medal stand jacket. I don't even know where to start--the belt, the mesh ruffles....it's just gorgeous and perfect for a medal-winning female athlete. Stella, can you make a Team USA version of this please?
Even our girl Kate loves her some Team GB Adidas gear!
Honorable Mention: The Netherlands.
Classic look from a company called Suit Supply. This looks like something I would wear to work. It also doesn't hurt that it seems EVERY athlete from the Netherlands is insanely attractive.
Worst Dressed: Tie between Russia and Germany.
The Russian pattern is just...so Russian? (No offense to any of my Russian readers). The scary thing is, these don't look much different than the winter Olympic uniforms from 2010. Maybe you should stick to something a little less 'busy' next time.
I don't understand the Adidas German uniforms. Pink and blue? And this is coming from the girl who LOVES pink. LOVES it. Why are we assigning the stereotypical pink and blue to the boys and girls?
(I also don't get why the gymnastics arena is hot pink...even though I love it it's REALLY bright....alas another conversation for another day....)
So there's my take on the uniforms....now onto some of my favorite fashionable people at the Olympics.
Kate--looking timeless be-bopping around London.
I just about died when I saw the uber-fashionable Michelle Obama watching swimming with Summer Sanders. I repeat...Michelle Obama and Summer Sanders sitting together at the Olympics watching Michael Phelps and Ryan Lochte race each other. I was 50 shades of green with envy.I would have given just about ANYTHING to be sitting with them!
Michelle has been making her way around London cheering on Team USA...looking fabulous every step of the way.
Well, there is my 2 cents on the Olympic fashions. Hope y'all enjoyed it and GO TEAM USA!

























No comments:
Post a Comment