In a move that should surprise ABSOLUTELY nobody....I hopped on the Erin Condren Life Planner bandwagon. Actually, I decided I had to have one earlier this year but decided to wait until the 2012-2013 ones came out. Anyways...this bad boy arrived on my doorstep a little over a week ago and I am o-b-s-e-s-s-e-d. Literally, obsessed. I have to admit, I was just starting to get the hang of everything in my life going digital...but how do you resist? The planners are just so cute and useful--I literally write things down just to use it more. As soon as it came in, I sat down with my pack of colored pens and started filling in as many dates as I could (during the Olympic commercial breaks of course!)
Anyways, let's get to what you really want to know....what I think of the thing. This review does not cover ALL of the the features...Erin's site does a much better job of high-lighting them here. I will just touch on my favorites/what I find most useful.

I went with the 'Taffy' planner in a custom colorway of light pink and light grey. I wanted to pick one of the louder, multi-colored prints, but since I am mainly using this for work, I decided to keep it more low-key and professional but still "me". (Aka...pink and bright) Instead of putting my full name in the middle, I went with my initials. I also got the adhesive pen holder, which I confess I have yet to actually put in my planner. (Whoops)
What I love about this planner is the monthly and a daily/weekly views with months that are tabbed! (Makes them 10X easier to find) The daily/weekly view is broken up my morning, noon and night. I use the 'morning' box for daily to-do's, the 'noon' box as my food/fitness journal (sigh) and the 'night box' for personal reminders--happy hours, birthdays, evening plans, blog posts, bills, etc. Andddd...like most EC fanatics...yes I color code my lists (well....I am at least TRYING to. Sometimes I can't find my purple pen for health/fitness and just need to write down my workout before I forget......) I really like the daily view, since it lets be break down each of my days and has PLENTY of room for everything I need to write down.

What I love about this planner is the monthly and a daily/weekly views with months that are tabbed! (Makes them 10X easier to find) The daily/weekly view is broken up my morning, noon and night. I use the 'morning' box for daily to-do's, the 'noon' box as my food/fitness journal (sigh) and the 'night box' for personal reminders--happy hours, birthdays, evening plans, blog posts, bills, etc. Andddd...like most EC fanatics...yes I color code my lists (well....I am at least TRYING to. Sometimes I can't find my purple pen for health/fitness and just need to write down my workout before I forget......) I really like the daily view, since it lets be break down each of my days and has PLENTY of room for everything I need to write down.

The monthly view is great for an at-a-glance look at your life. The planner also comes with adorable stickers for birthdays, mani/pedis, hair appointments, etc (there is even a red, white and blue Vote sticker!) that fit perfectly in the monthly view (not so much in the daily view). Picking the corresponding color for each friend is a task in itself (I swear I am not crazy....) but was a good way to pass some time on a slow evening :)
In the back of the planner there is an adorable catch-all folder and a plastic zipper pouch to hold loose odds and ends. Erin also included some fun goodies--custom address labels that match my planner and some birthday/gift labels that are available on her site. When I run out of my samples I am totally ordering more! You can also see the cute laminated bookmark that it comes with to easily find your spot.
Many EC planner fanatics use Papermate Felt-Tip Pens in their planners, but I am a loyal Pentel RSVP fan :) I found a set of retractable colored RSVP pens and love them! (I have a cap losing problem with the regular RSVP pens). Erin sells her own set of ballpoint pens on her website that have received rave reviews, but I already had these and we all know I don't need anymore office supplies.

Overall, the planner is a little pricey but totally worth every penny. It's very functional, chic and has helped me stay organized and on top of things. It also doesn't hurt that it's absolutely adorable and I have received TONS of compliments on it. In addition, Erin sent me a $10 coupon for my next order......what will be next? I have already insisted that all my teacher friends get her lesson planner while there is the teacher special to spread the joy.
If you have any questions or are thinking of taking the plunge...feel free to ask me anything!
Happy Tuesday :)
In the back of the planner there is an adorable catch-all folder and a plastic zipper pouch to hold loose odds and ends. Erin also included some fun goodies--custom address labels that match my planner and some birthday/gift labels that are available on her site. When I run out of my samples I am totally ordering more! You can also see the cute laminated bookmark that it comes with to easily find your spot.
Many EC planner fanatics use Papermate Felt-Tip Pens in their planners, but I am a loyal Pentel RSVP fan :) I found a set of retractable colored RSVP pens and love them! (I have a cap losing problem with the regular RSVP pens). Erin sells her own set of ballpoint pens on her website that have received rave reviews, but I already had these and we all know I don't need anymore office supplies.
Overall, the planner is a little pricey but totally worth every penny. It's very functional, chic and has helped me stay organized and on top of things. It also doesn't hurt that it's absolutely adorable and I have received TONS of compliments on it. In addition, Erin sent me a $10 coupon for my next order......what will be next? I have already insisted that all my teacher friends get her lesson planner while there is the teacher special to spread the joy.
If you have any questions or are thinking of taking the plunge...feel free to ask me anything!
Happy Tuesday :)







No comments:
Post a Comment